Question PC not performig well after GPU upgrade

Jul 14, 2019
We've recently updated our graphic card to GTX 1660ti paired with Asus ROG Maximus Viii Hero -mobo & Intel core i5-6500. Now, we're experiencing some slowness in the performance.

We did some benchmark test and found out that our SSD & HHD were performing way below the expectation & that the CPU is not with par with the new GPU.

Just wanted to ask if our CPU / GPU pairing is compatible and will not have any bottleneck? If not compatible what would be your advice to maximize the pc performance?

If it actually slowed down when you added the 1660 Ti, then there might be some problem. Did you uninstall the old graphics drivers before you installed the new one? If not, all graphics drivers (Intel HD, AMD, Nvidia or whatever you had before) including the new ones for the 1660, then go to Nvidia's website and download the newest ones available. Install them and restart the PC.
Also, what PSU do you have? If it's not up for the task, it might be limiting power to the other components with the addition of a graphics card.

Jul 14, 2019
If it actually slowed down when you added the 1660 Ti, then there might be some problem. Did you uninstall the old graphics drivers before you installed the new one? If not, all graphics drivers (Intel HD, AMD, Nvidia or whatever you had before) including the new ones for the 1660, then go to Nvidia's website and download the newest ones available. Install them and restart the PC.
Also, what PSU do you have? If it's not up for the task, it might be limiting power to the other components with the addition of a graphics card.
We're using Corsair 650

Jul 14, 2019
Thanks for the info and will try to update the driver. One more thing, do you think that the CPU can handle the 1660ti GPU? Coz some says that it will cause some bottleneck.

Ok, well did you get the new Nvidia drivers running AND uninstall the old Intel HD (I assume that is what you had before) drivers?

Also, another thing crossed my mind. Did you plug the video cable into the 1660Ti, or did you leave it in the motherboard?