Question PC not picking up home wifi but picks up others ?

Jan 31, 2022
Having trouble connecting my PC to my home internet and would appreicate any help :).
So, a couple weeks ago, there was a storm/power-surge in my area which unfortunately compromised my router which was then replaced. The internet at my home is now working on all my devices (laptop, phone, ipad, etc) with exception of my PC.

My computer is equipped with a TP-LINK TL-WN881ND Wireless N300 PCI-E Adapter and I use Windows 10.
I have done what I believe to be comprehensive troubleshooting including:
  • Restarting my PC and router multiple times
  • Updating my wifi adapter driver
  • Reinstalling my wifi adapter driver
  • Checking my hardware (my wifi card is working on other networks e.g. mobile hotspot)
  • Ensuring that both 2.4GHz and 5GHz radio channels are enabled on my router
My PC is picking up other wifi networks just not my home one. Again, other devices are picking up my home wifi however. Perplexingly, last night my home wifi channel was picked up by my PC without me changing anything and I thought the problem had fixed itself but by this morning it had stopped once again.
Any insight or advice would be greatly appreicated.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make sure your motherboard BIOS version is up to date, then make sure your OS isn't pending updates, then check to see if your router is pending any firmware updates. Speaking of which what is the make and model of your wireless router? As for your wireless adapter, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Jan 31, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make sure your motherboard BIOS version is up to date, then make sure your OS isn't pending updates, then check to see if your router is pending any firmware updates. Speaking of which what is the make and model of your wireless router? As for your wireless adapter, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling with the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

Jan 31, 2022
Thank you for your comprehensive reply!

My router model is a "Telstra Smart Modem(TM) Gen2 with Voice Backup".
It is not pending any firmware updates.
I have also definitely reinstalled the latestdriver using the Run as Administrator Process.
I have updated my operating system also.

I will double check to see if my motherboard BIOS is up-to-date. I have also been advised to look into upgrading my wifi card as apparently it is horribly outdated. Thanks again for you reply and let me know if there is anything else I should consider :)