[SOLVED] PC not posting a Video output, No beeps, No signs of life besides turning on

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
So the story is, Our school is making a PC for A virtual sandbox, I was not aware of this and other kids put the parts together and built the PC a year ago, The problem is, It will not put a video output at all.
They have told me they have gone through 2 different motherboards (They have the other one at the school) and 2 different processor so I decided to go up there and look at the PC, I tried every other video output, including the ones on the Graphics card, still no output at all, Ive pulled every cable out to, plugged them back in and I am still not geting any signal, Ive pulled the CMOS Battery, RAM, SSD And Graphics card they are using and I am still not getting any signal or Even any beeps from the Motherboard to tell me what is wrong with it. I even booted it up without the ram and I still doesn't beep, Ive reseated the CPU and Still nothing, what could be going wrong?

Specs: Gibayte B450M DS3H
Patriot PSD48G2400K (DDR4 2x4gb) 2400mhz
P2001216
AMD Ryzen 5 2600
Zotac 1060 6gb
Kingston SSD

Solution
I used a old psu I had laying around (600w) still not giving a video output at all, plugged It in various connections on the TV they are using, nothing, used another TV, nothing
I'm going to get a monitor from home but what could be causing it still?
Better try with proper monitor, with TVs you can get into a loop when a TV has to recognize signal from GPU first but GPU has to recognize TV as an output.
First thing, give up on trying to get video from MB, it's not going to work with that CPU.
Psu is not enough for that configuration, specifically for that GPU. May also be wrong or wrongly connected.
When amateurs put system together, most common mistake is to mount MB incorrectly, usually making a short to chassis, I would take it out of case and assemble on a table. Also check CPU for bent or missing contacts.

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
First thing, give up on trying to get video from MB, it's not going to work with that CPU.
Psu is not enough for that configuration, specifically for that GPU. May also be wrong or wrongly connected.
When amateurs put system together, most common mistake is to mount MB incorrectly, usually making a short to chassis, I would take it out of case and assemble on a table. Also check CPU for bent or missing contacts.
The people who actually put it together Have gaming PC'S one is my friend who built his and the other friend bought his, our Band teacher (he went to school for computers apparently). I've got the oldest and most upgraded PC of them all so thats why Im finally helping them.

I normally go for the highest wattage I can get (I overkill my PSU wattage) and I thought it was the PSU, I bought one from home that doesn't work sadly so ill have to get a new one for them.
It isn't in the case either, it is on a pad on a table

24brycec

Honorable
Oct 7, 2017
I used a old psu I had laying around (600w) still not giving a video output at all, plugged It in various connections on the TV they are using, nothing, used another TV, nothing

Better try with proper monitor, with TVs you can get into a loop when a TV has to recognize signal from GPU first but GPU has to recognize TV as an output.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS