PC not posting and makes continuous beep

xProdergy

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Hey, so basically i got this motherboard a few months ago and it was working fine, until now. For some reason when i turn my computer on the fans in it will start for 1 second but then after that they'll stop and continuous quick beeps keep repeating, it'll then stop for another second but carry on again. Also, nothing will display on the monitor. Do you know a way to fix this? Thanks!

Specs:
CPU: Athlon x4 860k,
GPU: Gtx 750ti
RAM: 8gb ram stick
HDD: 1tb toshiba hdd
MOBO: Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2
PSU: CiT 500w

Solution
If the CMOS battery is dead then I guess that would give you problems I'm not sure though. I've had some trouble with some Dells at work and it turned out to be the CMOS battery. So you could try replacing it, good idea! And about the RAM slot, you could try another slot it won't hurt, although I don't think it'll make a difference.

xProdergy

Commendable
May 30, 2016

Thanks for replying, so basically i got this problem with a different psu before so i used a different one (CiT 500w PSU) So i don't think that's the problem.

xProdergy

Commendable
May 30, 2016

Yeah, and i'm not with my computer right now. Will be soon and iv'e tried taking out ram and putting it back in, i'll try re-seating the cpu. Also, would it make a difference if the cmos battery was dead and i use a different ram slot?

The_Man12

Honorable
Mar 22, 2014
If the CMOS battery is dead then I guess that would give you problems I'm not sure though. I've had some trouble with some Dells at work and it turned out to be the CMOS battery. So you could try replacing it, good idea! And about the RAM slot, you could try another slot it won't hurt, although I don't think it'll make a difference.

Solution