Hi, my specs are:
  • Ryzen 5 3600 - stock speeds
  • MSI B450M Mortar MAX
  • 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3000MHz
  • EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  • Corsair CX 450M PSU
  • 1TB WD Blue
  • 240GB WD M.2
I built this PC yesterday and all was working fine. It POSTed, I went into the BIOS to OC the RAM to 3000MHz. Installed windows 10 form USB onto the M.2 drive. Installed all necessary drivers and then installed CSGO and ArmA 3 from Steam. All was working fine yesterday and the games were running smoothly and problem free.
I powered up the system today, windows started up, I signed in and all was going well. After about 2-3 minutes, the PC shut down and the CPU EZ Debug LED was lit on the motherboard. Since then, the system has not started up, no display is being outputted from the GPU. The CPU EZ Debug LED lights up when turning the system on but does not stay illuminated.

So far I have done the following to try and fix the solution:
  • Reseated the CPU, ensuring there are no bent pins
  • Reseated the GPU
  • Reseated RAM
  • Used a different PSU to power the system, incase of a faulty CPU power cable
  • Tried a basic configuration with 1 stick of RAM (used both one at a time), CPU and GPU
  • Unplugged both M.2 and HDD incase of driver errors
  • Flashed the BIOS to the latest stable version from MSI Mortar MAX support page
After this, the issue is still persistent. When powering on the system, all lights and fans spin that should but there is still no display output - there is no output to even get into the BIOS or access boot menu etc. The CPU EZ Debug light lights up when the system is powered on but this then goes off.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Did you reset the BIOS by removing the battery, shorting the CLR CMOS jumper, waiting 1 minute then re-inserting the battery?
That will reset it back to factory defaults as it sounds like the RAM overclock has messed things up temporarily.

Andy

Jan 18, 2020
Did you reset the BIOS by removing the battery, shorting the CLR CMOS jumper, waiting 1 minute then re-inserting the battery?
That will reset it back to factory defaults as it sounds like the RAM overclock has messed things up temporarily.

Andy

No I just removed the battery for 3 minutes, didn't use the CMOS jumper. My motherboard didn't come with a jumper either.

Jan 18, 2020