SPEC:
Ryzen 5 2600 (5 days old)
8gb ddr4 3200mhz (5 days)
Gigabyte RX 480 4GB (2 years)
MSI B450M Gaming Pro (5 days)
Corsair 600watt PSU (5 years)
SSD x2
HDD x1

Yesterday I was playing a game with my GPU over clocked stably (settings I've been using for months without issue) with MSI afterburner and my screen suddenly send black and all my fans all went to 100℅

I powered off my system and powered it back on a few seconds later and all fans, case led's, GPU LED's and MoBo LED's are powered but my monitor stays black and there is no beeps. I have tried both Dvi and HDMI connections.

I just upgraded my system this past Tuesday. The MoBo, CPU and RAM are all just a few days old.

I've tried resetting CMOS already.
Tried resetting the ram, and tried with 1 stick in different sloths.
I bought a second GPU today to test (MSI 760 2GB), same problem.
Its not my monitor as it works with other devices.

It doesnt boot to windows as I hear nothing on my speakers.

Possibly a faulty motherboard?

mcennis4545

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
I have a replacement board on the way off amazon, should have it Tuesday. I don't have another PSU I could test or one I could borrow but what I can try is set up a test bench with my old am3 gigabyte board, ddr3, fx 8350 and my RX 480 and see if that posts.

I'll try this out in a few hours and post back results.

mcennis4545

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
I just did a test there with my old am3 MoBo, fx 8350, ddr3 and RX 480 and after the gtx 760 I picked up today. Same issue still. Gets power but just a blank screen on monitor.

The fx 8350 was getting very hot though and its cooler was spinning on and off and not particularly fast even though they worked fine a week ago.

Only get left to test now is different PSU? I'll have to bite the bullet and buy one as I don't know anyone with a spare.

mcennis4545

Commendable
Apr 7, 2018
It was a faulty motherboard. Replacement arrived today working fine again now.

Apartently RX 480's draw more power then they spec and overclocking it fried my board.

Thank you all for the help.