[SOLVED] PC not POSTing. No beep codes or display.

PhoenixFlame915

Reputable
Jul 28, 2020
I recently moved a computer from one chassis to another. After doing so and trying to power it, there was no display. LEDs light up and fans spin but nothing goes to the monitor. I tried multiple monitors with multiple cables in multiple ports on both the GPU and MOBO but I get nothing. The most common causes seem to be CPU or MOBO but those have both been replaced with no success.

I also tried removing the GPU and running on the CPU's integrated graphics as well as using a different GPU and got nothing. I checked the PSU with a multimeter and most everything looks fine, the -12V seemed a little high but I ended up test the PSU in another PC and that PC turned on.

I tried reseating memory and when that didn't work, I just decided to take it out and keep it out since, if it manages to start POST, it should beep at me for not having memory. However, I get no beeps. Any ideas on what's causing this? Could the -12V being high mess with one PC but not another? The PC worked fine before moving it and I've done basic stuff like checking and redoing cables, using different outlets, etc.

Solution
I recently moved a computer from one chassis to another. After doing so and trying to power it, there was no display. LEDs light up and fans spin but nothing goes to the monitor. I tried multiple monitors with multiple cables in multiple ports on both the GPU and MOBO but I get nothing. The most common causes seem to be CPU or MOBO but those have both been replaced with no success.

I also tried removing the GPU and running on the CPU's integrated graphics as well as using a different GPU and got nothing. I checked the PSU with a multimeter and most everything looks fine, the -12V seemed a little high but I ended up test the PSU in another PC and that PC turned on.

I tried reseating memory and when that didn't work, I just decided...

codewill

Prominent
Aug 5, 2020

I tried reseating memory and when that didn't work, I just decided to take it out and keep it out since, if it manages to start POST, it should beep at me for not having memory. However, I get no beeps. Any ideas on what's causing this? Could the -12V being high mess with one PC but not another? The PC worked fine before moving it and I've done basic stuff like checking and redoing cables, using different outlets, etc.
Try using the CPU / MOBO in a different system and see if you run into the same issues. It sounds like an issue with the motherboard from the details given.

Solution