[SOLVED] PC not posting, power to MOBO but CPU fan not spinning

Dec 29, 2020
Hey All, I am praying someone can help me here

I have recently been upgrading my pc and was trying to change all the components to a new case. Before this everything was working fine, I change cases as well as install a new CPU and suddenly nothing is working, I assume its the motherboard so I go buy a new one listed below and compatible ram to be safe. I try breadboarding it now and the motherboard powers up and I was able to update the bios but still nothing, I've tested two CPUs on it and two cooler fans and nothing is changing, everything is practically new and I don't know what the problem is. I have made sure all connections are secure and am not sure what could be causing it, if the new cpu is dead then that doesnt explain why my old one wont work in it. The psu works because I was using it before the 2 change.

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (12nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor | $149.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard | MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard | $114.99 @ B&H
Memory | Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory |-
Storage | Team L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive |-
Storage | Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $45.36 @ Walmart
Video Card | PowerColor Radeon RX VEGA 56 8 GB Red Devil Video Card |-
Case | NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case | $69.98 @ Amazon
Power Supply | Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $119.99 @ Amazon
Operating System | Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit | $108.78 @ Other World Computing
Case Fan | Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R 59 CFM 120 mm Fan | $19.69 @ Amazon
Case Fan | Cooler Master MasterFan MF120R 59 CFM 120 mm Fan | $19.69 @ Amazon
Monitor | Acer R240HY bidx 23.8" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor | $114.99 @ Amazon
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | $763.46
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-12-29 18:44 EST-0500 |

Solution
Ok I tried that, nothing changed, the psu should be fineas the motherboard lights up and the cpu is also getting power. I am using an MSI board and the cpu debug light comes on when i start it but then it turns off. This happened with both cpus.

Refer to the manual For the Debug LED.

Try Swapping in you're old CPU in other working motherboard this will help you narrow down the problem, as you tested 2 different CPUs they both can't be dead.
Dec 29, 2020
Also double check the little on/off switch at the back of the PSU.

If nothing helps, try:
  • Disconnect the PSU from mains.
  • Send "power on" (this should empty most of the capacitors)
  • Then connect PSU to mains, then try to pwr on again.
Ok I tried that, nothing changed, the psu should be fineas the motherboard lights up and the cpu is also getting power. I am using an MSI board and the cpu debug light comes on when i start it but then it turns off. This happened with both cpus.

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020

Refer to the manual For the Debug LED.

Try Swapping in you're old CPU in other working motherboard this will help you narrow down the problem, as you tested 2 different CPUs they both can't be dead.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS