[SOLVED] PC Not Posting with New Ram

tatumparr

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
Recently bought 2x8 Corsair CMD cmd16gx4m2b3200c16 to go with my 2x8 Ballistic Sport BLS8G4D240FSCK all going into my B350-F Gaming Motherboard. The BS RAM runs at 1.2V and the Corsair at 1.35V. The PC only boots with the BS RAM, if the Corsair is in one of the DIMM slots it will not post. My bios is up to date (5220) and I went in and adjusted the DRAM Voltage to 1.35V and toggled on the XMP profile (called D.O.C.P. because I have a AMD CPU).

Solution
Reset the bios and then try the ram. The only time I see the bios was ever reset was when you updated to the newest version.
^This but my CMOS was the solution (Resetting Standards from my BIOS did not work originally). I reset my CMOS, inserted 1 stick into A2, it posted. I got into my bios, didn't change anything, shut down and put in the 2nd stick. Got into my bios again and turned on D.O.C.P and got them to 3200 at 1.35V. Decided I wanted 32 at 2133 instead (Not sure if this was the move please lmk) so I turned of D.O.C.P and installed the 2 old sticks. Everything works, thank you for your help Third-Eye and ESAFRet
They are not compatible as they run on different speeds (3200 & 2666) No way this will work. If you want 3200mhz get a "Kit" of the same make and batch as even the same make but from a later production or earlier may not be able to work together due to silicon, chipsets etc. Mixing RAM is always going to have issues.

This is the sort of thing to look at if you want 32 GB...
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07B2Y6H1M/ref=dp_cerb_2

May also help...

Last edited:

tatumparr

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
They are not compatible as they run on different speeds (3200 & 2666) No way this will work. If you want 3200mhz get a "Kit" of the same make and batch as even the same make but from a later production or earlier may not be able to work together due to silicon, chipsets etc. Mixing RAM is always going to have issues.

This is the sort of thing to look at if you want 32 GB...
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07B2Y6H1M/ref=dp_cerb_2

May also help...
Thank you for responding, I figured that running all four would be impossible for the reason you stated, and I guess I'm complacent with that. The big problem is is that I can't get the computer to post with just the Corsair memory in the system. I'm also fairly certain the version of the RAM I purchased (Ver 4.31) has compatibility issues with my MOBO when it comes to XMP profiles. I was hoping I would still be able to use the RAM with some tinkering despite this problem but I'm currently stumped in trying to figure that out

tatumparr

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
Could this be a problem with a Ryzen 3600? If the RAM isn't on the QVL list and is untested with my MOBO, could someone show me how I can attempt to use AI Tweaker in my bios to make them work? AI bought these sticks from a friend with a similar issue with getting the PC to boot with them. He said he made them work by tuning the timings. Voltage and memory speed himself, but the timings are a little confusing to me. If this sounds like it would work, please help.

Recently bought 2x8 Corsair CMD cmd16gx4m2b3200c16 to go with my 2x8 Ballistic Sport BLS8G4D240FSCK all going into my B350-F Gaming Motherboard. The BS RAM runs at 1.2V and the Corsair at 1.35V. The PC only boots with the BS RAM, if the Corsair is in one of the DIMM slots it will not post. My bios is up to date (5220) and I went in and adjusted the DRAM Voltage to 1.35V and toggled on the XMP profile (called D.O.C.P. because I have a AMD CPU).
Those 2 kits should work together at 2400Mhz, but not at 3200Mhz. Worst case, you will be limited to 2133Mhz if XMP or manually setting the ram to 2400Mhz does not work. You would be better off getting a 2x8GB 3200Mhz kit and sell the old 8GB module or keep it as backup.

tatumparr

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
Those 2 kits should work together at 2400Mhz, but not at 3200Mhz. Worst case, you will be limited to 2133Mhz if XMP or manually setting the ram to 2400Mhz does not work. You would be better off getting a 2x8GB 3200Mhz kit and sell the old 8GB module or keep it as backup.
Now I'm baffled, what you are saying, of course, makes sense but does not match up with what the other guy said. I should still be able to post with the Corsair ram on its own but I cannot, that's my real problem. Why is this so hard?

Now I'm baffled, what you are saying, of course, makes sense but does not match up with what the other guy said. I should still be able to post with the Corsair ram on its own but I cannot, that's my real problem. Why is this so hard?
Are you inserting them into the correct slots? The slower modules should be in slots A2 and B2. The layout looks like |CPU socket| |A1|A2|B1|B2|.

Edit - The slower modules should be dictating how all the modules will be set, so that they're all running with the same settings on boot.

tatumparr

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
Are you inserting them into the correct slots? The slower modules should be in slots A2 and B2. The layout looks like |CPU socket| |A1|A2|B1|B2|.

Edit - The slower modules should be dictating how all the modules will be set, so that they're all running with the same settings on boot.
ok good to know about the layout thing, I could try this but let me reiterate: My PC will NOT boot with the Corsair RAM in my system in any config I have tried so far including in tandem with my old ram.

tatumparr

Commendable
Oct 18, 2017
Reset the bios and then try the ram. The only time I see the bios was ever reset was when you updated to the newest version.
^This but my CMOS was the solution (Resetting Standards from my BIOS did not work originally). I reset my CMOS, inserted 1 stick into A2, it posted. I got into my bios, didn't change anything, shut down and put in the 2nd stick. Got into my bios again and turned on D.O.C.P and got them to 3200 at 1.35V. Decided I wanted 32 at 2133 instead (Not sure if this was the move please lmk) so I turned of D.O.C.P and installed the 2 old sticks. Everything works, thank you for your help Third-Eye and ESAFRet

Solution