[SOLVED] PC not posting

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
Asus x470 gaming-f Motherboard dram yellow led is on and it's not displaying anything. Lights and fans are working, but no post.

I have tried every ram slot and changed the ram stick each time. Bios is updated to be compatible with ryzen 3000.

Specs: MB Asus x470 gaming-f, RAM g.skill trident z 3600 MHz CL16-16-16-36 (2x 8gb) (F4-3600C16D-16GTZN). CPU ryzen 3700x

Motherboard dram yellow led is on and it's not displaying anything.
It related to RAM, or CPU, or MB, try to use the "clear RTC RAM jumper" check the maunal page 1-2.

Also check the cpu to see there is any bent pin or not too.

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
It related to RAM, or CPU, or MB, try to use the "clear RTC RAM jumper" check the maunal page 1-2.

Also check the cpu to see there is any bent pin or not too.

I did the RTC RAM jumper thing and it didn't work.
Also checked the CPU and it's fine.

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
May have to breadboard it.
If you don't know that term it is pulling the parts out of the case and hooking it up on say the mobo box. Then try to boot it.

Do you have any access to a 1000 or 2000 series cpu? If so install and try to boot if it does reflash the bios.

I have breadboard it and it didn't work.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a ryzen 2000 cpus, but the manufacturer and the retailer of the board claims that bios is updated and ready for ryzen 3000.

Ok so did you buy it locally or online and did they offer any support for troubleshooting or Rma ?
And same with the ram?
I know that the ram is on the qvl as i was looking at the very same kit but went with the trident z royal gold instead with the same timings.

I can ask someone that just got our mobo to join in, he is running a 3700x and a 2060 but i don't remember offhand the ram.

How much time do you have on any return policy ?

Reactions: DMAN999
What way do you have it now
Breadboarded or in the case?

I know you have said you have reset the cmos but redo it but after done pull the battery rejump pins again and leave the battery out for 30m to 1hr.
During that reseat ram in slots A2 & B2
2nd and 4th slots working right from the cpu.
When all done try booting again.

Last edited:

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
Ok so did you buy it locally or online and did they offer any support for troubleshooting or Rma ?
And same with the ram?
I know that the ram is on the qvl as i was looking at the very same kit but went with the trident z royal gold instead with the same timings.

I can ask someone that just got our mobo to join in, he is running a 3700x and a 2060 but i don't remember offhand the ram.

How much time do you have on any return policy ?

I bought all the components from the same store online but the store is located in the same country (about 1.40 min drive). They gave me couple of useless troubleshooting tips and told me to fill the RMA if you feel like any components have issues. Now I have filled the RMA for the mobo and waiting for a respond.

I have 30 days return policy (started from 11/15), but they told me if any of the components look like they are used they won't give me full refund.

Last edited:

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018

I know you have said you have reset the cmos but redo it but after done pull the battery rejump pins again and leave the battery out for 30m to 1hr.

Right now I have packed up the mobo. I might try this tomorrow, but honestly I don't think it will help. I have cleared the cmos many times and changed the ram position. I even went out and bought different but also compatible ram and CPU (3200G) just to test it. All of that didn't help. It remained the same problem (lights working, fans working, but no post) it just indicates dram issue with the yellow light constantly on.

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018

Honestly I'm starting to think the motherboard isn't even updated for ryzen 3000 even tho they claim it to be or it's just bad board.

Here is a link to the website I bought my stuff from:
https://www.jimms.fi/fi/Product/Sho...ming/asus-rog-strix-x470-f-gaming-atx-emolevy

Last edited:
Unfortunately you have done all you can do then.
I don't speak or read any other languages but ya clearly would think from that link it's 3000 Compliant.

I feel lucky to have a microcenter near me
As any issuse's with cpu/mobo I can return it to them within 15 days for exchange or refund after the 15 it's manufacturers rma.

Please let us know how things progress.

Reactions: DMAN999

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018
I don't speak or read any other languages but ya clearly would think from that link it's 3000 Compliant.

As any issuse's with cpu/mobo I can return it to them within 15 days for exchange or refund after the 15 it's manufacturers rma.

I will post an update here.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

brotherwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Nov 2, 2018

Then it maybe the BIOS issue. Check the linker for more info.
https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Hello, I have finally found out the issue by myself. After I went to the nearest hardware store today and bought a Ryzen 2600. The BIOS was NOT updated for Ryzen 3000 (bios version 4207), even tho the manufacturer AND the retailer claims for it to be updated. Unbelievable. All this troubleshooting methods.. I shouldn't have trusted the retailer or the manufacturer. I should have trusted my gut from the very beginning. But for now everything seems to be working fine.

Thank you all for the support and advice. Best community ever!

Just a couple of questions left:
my RAM frequency is advertised as 3600MHz, but it reads 2133MHz in the BIOS. Should i enable XMP? And how should i enable it?

Thank you all again!

Last edited: