Question PC not posting -

Sep 16, 2022
Hello , I have trouble with my PC, Everytime i turn on my PC i cant get it to POST . All the fans are working and rgb's lighting as well . In the motherboard EZ Debug LED when turning the PC on the first led is showing the CPU for about 1-2 secs and then is going to the VGA and BOOT simultaneously and after that nothing , no going to BIOS nothing . The only way i manage to enter the bios and get into my PC i reset from the case reset button , and after 2-3 times of repeat the reset i get into the bios logo and after into windows , sometimes it takes longer than 2-3 reset . Any suggestions what to fix ? By the way , i try the following and i didn't succeed to fix the problem .
  1. I Reset CMOS manually
  2. I check all my components on a different system which i knew that is working perfectly and i didn't find any faulty component.(GPU , RAM , CPU , PSU )
  3. I Update the BIOS to the current version and i try several of BIOS versions .
SPECS:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
  • MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4 K2 32GTZRC
  • GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ Gold
  • Samsung 980 Pro SSD( nvm.2 ) 1TB
  • Crucial P2 SSD ( 1TB)
  • GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC
  • Corsair H100I 240MM ICUE ELITE CAPELLIX ( For CPU Cooler)

Hello , I have trouble with my PC, Everytime i turn on my PC i cant get it to POST . All the fans are working and rgb's lighting as well . In the motherboard EZ Debug LED when turning the PC on the first led is showing the CPU for about 1-2 secs and then is going to the VGA and BOOT simultaneously and after that nothing , no going to BIOS nothing . The only way i manage to enter the bios and get into my PC i reset from the case reset button , and after 2-3 times of repeat the reset i get into the bios logo and after into windows , sometimes it takes longer than 2-3 reset . Any suggestions what to fix ? By the way , i try the following and i didn't succeed to fix the problem .
  1. I Reset CMOS manually
  2. I check all my components on a different system which i knew that is working perfectly and i didn't find any faulty component.(GPU , RAM , CPU , PSU )
  3. I Update the BIOS to the current version and i try several of BIOS versions .
SPECS:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
  • MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS
  • G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4 K2 32GTZRC
  • GIGABYTE P750GM 80+ Gold
  • Samsung 980 Pro SSD( nvm.2 ) 1TB
  • Crucial P2 SSD ( 1TB)
  • GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 3070 EAGLE OC
  • Corsair H100I 240MM ICUE ELITE CAPELLIX ( For CPU Cooler)
follow this step by step in order (read till end):
  • Try to boot normally
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall every gpu driver using DDU (clean and do not restart, also tick all option in Nvidia option in the ddu settings).
  • Uninstall all the processors (is a must, should be 16 on yours since it's 16 threads, also when it asks for restart, click on no and keep uninstalling all processors) on device manager like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset Software in control panel (if there is none, skip it.)

• reboot the PC to bios, disable AMD fTPM and secure boot (if enabled by default), save and exit, go to bios again, flash to this bios ver 7C37vAE the one with agesa 1.2.0.3b, go to bios after finished updating, then load default or optimized settings, then save and exit.

Optional: disable CSM, enable Above 4G Decoding and Resizable bar option (these 2 options wont be available unless CSM is disabled). If gpu supports, why not XD

• if successful, try to boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver (should be ver 4.08.xx as the time i write this), then reboot. and if you could go to windows check power plan and see if ryzen balanced is used instead of windows balanced power plan.

• Install the latest nvidia driver, reboot, and then connect to internet.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did), dont forget to put ram on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• Run cmd as admin, then do chkdsk /x /f /r, after that do sfc /scannow

• And check windows update if there is any and install them (except optional update).

• Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
    unknown.png

Reactions: Claymang13