Question PC not powering on after motherboard swap?

gabness1

Commendable
Mar 1, 2019
So i swapped the motherboard from my pc to another one I got and it works fine, I put back in the motherboard I had before and now the pc won't turn on? I have checked everything is plugged in and reseated ram, what else could be causing it? Have I blown the motherboard?

gabness1

Commendable
Mar 1, 2019
I had a pc with an i3 3240 and it worked fine, i picked up a motherboard cpu combo and tested it in my pc to see if it worked so i swapped out the i3 mobo with the other one which was a different cpu (i3 stayed in mobo) and it turned on fine. I put back in the i3 and mobo and now it won't power on

gabness1

Commendable
Mar 1, 2019
I didnt swap the i3, the other motherboard was a 775 with a pentium in it. The motherboard originally in my pc with the i3, i kept all the parts together and took it out while i put in the 775 mobo.

Another thing to try is to make certain the Case power button cable is plugged into the proper motherboard header, as an experienced builder this is the most complex part of the build for me due to how small they are. You can try shorting those pins manually - tutorials are available online.