Question PC not powering on ?

Oct 1, 2021
So today when trying to power on my pc, nothing happened, it just doesn't turn on. Was working fine yesterday. The button on the case does nothing, I have tried swapping reset switch connectors with power switch but still nothing. Is this a Psu failure?

PSU: corsair VS 450( some might get pissed hearing about it lol)

Please forgive any mistakes, I'm a noob, posting for the first time here.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you intend to have your system as a guinea pig for what a bad PSU can do to a system, then it's your call. At the end of the day it's your money that's being flushed down the drain. As for the stance on our forums, we don't recommend bad parts unless we know you're not going to tax the system.

Speaking of system's, what are the specs to your system? Include the age of the PSU as well.

Reactions: Hassy003

ravin_29

Commendable
Mar 24, 2019
There's a very basic (Not that reliable) paperclip test for PSU. You can check that out, if PSU runs in paperclip test may be it means bad mobo or even a PSU that now fails to supply enough power under load. If PSU fails in paperclip test it means it fundamentally is not turning on.

Are parts like PSU & Mobo in warranty?

Reactions: Hassy003
Oct 1, 2021

If you intend to have your system as a guinea pig for what a bad PSU can do to a system, then it's your call. At the end of the day it's your money that's being flushed down the drain. As for the stance on our forums, we don't recommend bad parts unless we know you're not going to tax the system.

Speaking of system's, what are the specs to your system? Include the age of the PSU as well.

Pc specs:
Mobo:Z370M D3H
CPU: i5 8400
GPU: GTX 750ti
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8gb
PSU: Corsair VS450

The psu is 3 years old. I didn't know enogh back then and ended up buying it.
The mobo and cpu are also around 3 years.

Oct 1, 2021
There's a very basic (Not that reliable) paperclip test for PSU. You can check that out, if PSU runs in paperclip test may be it means bad mobo or even a PSU that now fails to supply enough power under load. If PSU fails in paperclip test it means it fundamentally is not turning on.

Are parts like PSU & Mobo in warranty?
I have done that and the psu fan works but I'm not sure what does it mean really. 3 years on the mobo and psu so I'll have to check if warranty is still on or not. I'm really hoping it's not something other than the psu because that's gonna be bad

ravin_29

Commendable
Mar 24, 2019
If you can manage great, else take it to a nearby repair shop. They will have spares to swap parts and quickly nail down what is faulty. Issue could be in psu or mobo or some other aspects like may be some short somewhere causing psu not to start

Oct 1, 2021
So sorry for my late reply..So I took my pc to a shop and they switched the psu and it worked fine, which means new Psu time.
Can you guys recommend me one from one of these links under Rs. 12000 please, I've check the ltt tier list but I can't decide still

https://www.industech.pk/power-supply

https://www.czone.com.pk/power-supply-pakistan-ppt.183.aspx

https://www.pclab.pk/power-supply-units-accessories/power-supply-units