Question PC Not Powering Up, Not Booting! Goes Off After A Second

Empirekicking

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
Been two days into troubleshooting that my PC doesn't want to power up, I turn the PC on and about 1 short second it goes off again. I have added new parts:
  • Corsair Commander with three fans and RGB Lighting Controller, with RGB lights.
  • corsair h115i pro
  • Asus 1660TI
I'm using motherboard Asus P9x79 Deluxe with i7 3930K cooling with corsair H115i pro. AWas running on a 1200w power supply. I double-check each cable and it's all connected, the H115i connections are three-pin to the three-pin connection as well as there are 4 pins heading next to it.

When it does that it goes on than off I do notice that the CPU red LED light comes on then off, same with the ram sticks and at times red lED does come on but when sticks still in it doesn't. The thermal past is working and in place. I did try it with card discounted and still nothing. Clearing Cmos and added a new battery and still nothing. The case fans are connected to the Corsair commander. When I turn it on the fans do move but after a second it stops as there is no power.

I did have a 1200W PSU that's 5 years old, I have done the paperclip method and it comes on for less than a second with a click then off. So I brought RM850x PSU and it works and tested. I received it today.

Beforehand It was running fine with the GTX 680. And not to mention that before when I turn the pc on (before the upgraded hardware), it starts up for one second then it goes off (with a click) then one or two seconds later it powers up to life and loads to windows as normal.

I thought my old PSU is dead but when I test it over it just doesn't want to run, yet my new PSU does. Anyway new PSU connected to the motherboard and it goes on then less then a sec goes off

However, when PSU is connected to fans and lights and using the paperclip into green and black it runs. As soon as It's in the motherboard it plays up and doesn't run.. just doesn't want to power up.

I added and removed many parts of the hardware and nothing. I clear the Cmos countless times and nothing

PS My motherboard has been in storage for the last two months and it got cold.. No idea if that upset it??

Empirekicking

Prominent
Nov 17, 2019
try putting it back to before you added new parts?
Already tried it with just one memory stick, CPU fan and stills shuts off after a second.

Was working two months ago. But once I got it back from being in storage it not working. The PSU is dead that has to be replaced and motherboard might be the same. I even check the pins and they seem to be all good unless damp got to it...