Question PC not powering up

Ruckus95

Reputable
Feb 8, 2017
Hello

Up until now my pc was running fine as it was for 2 years. Recently i was doing some cleaning around the house while my pc was on. I accidently dropped a heavy pot on the floor near my computer. The moment i dropped it, the screen turned black, but the pc kept running. As i couldnt get a response out of it, i tried to manually shut down the computer by holding down the power button. However the pc wouldnt shut down. I had held the button for close to 30 seconds without results. I then decided to pull the power cable to force it into a shutdown. After waiting a couple seconds i plug it back in and press the power button. Nothing happens. Tried unplugging and replugging several times to no avail.

This is the point i am at right now. Is there something i could do to fix this situation? Could the power led controller have been affected somehow ? Thank you for your time.

EDIT:after waiting for a while, my pc decided to power up again after pressing the button. However, the screen remains black. It has gone back to the state it was in when i dropped the heavy thing. All fans from the case,PSU, CPU, and graphics card are running.

Last edited: