bropeasley

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
About two weeks ago I came home to my pc on, but the screen not showing anything... I held the power button to shutdown and attempted to turn back on.. same thing occured.. pc turned on but nothing showed on my screen, I then discovered if I hold the reset button for 3-5 seconds release and then hold the reset button again for 3-5 seconds it will boot up and run just fine, when it loaded it attempted to install an update which is why I assume it had shut down in the first place, the update failed so I assumed this to be the issue... I then troubleshot the update failure and ended up performing an in-place install of windows, this fixed the update issue but my pc still continues to have this issue when booting.. if I restart it doesnt actually restart, and if I turn off and back on, it doesnt turn on.. I must do the reset button twice to get it to boot. I have tried the windows boot repair and attempted turning off fast boot, neither of these have solved the issue.. im out of ideas and im hoping someone can help!
thanks in advance!

bropeasley

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
still dealing with this failure to boot, whenever my computer attempts to auto restart for an update it never completes the restart.. ill come home the pc will have all lights on, but nothing showing on the screen and I have to then hold the restart button to get it to boot.

still dealing with this failure to boot, whenever my computer attempts to auto restart for an update it never completes the restart.. ill come home the pc will have all lights on, but nothing showing on the screen and I have to then hold the restart button to get it to boot.
One question does it show POST screen from BIOS before it starts entering Windows ?
As a first aid try running this line
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -R -F -T 00
to see if it's because of windows problem.

bropeasley

Honorable
Dec 5, 2014
One question does it show POST screen from BIOS before it starts entering Windows ?
As a first aid try running this line
%windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -R -F -T 00
to see if it's because of windows problem.
that gave me the same result, says restarting, monitor goes black, power to keyboard and mouse shuts off, but tower stays lit, fans keep running, rbg still glowing and then to get it running again I have to hold the restart button on the tower twice.