PC not recognising headphones/mic

Anorth

Reputable
May 30, 2015
I have just got my Sennheiser GAME ZERO headset, I plugged the 2 jacks into the mic and headphone ports, I was watching a video where someone was using the same headset and the mic sounded really good. I went and listened to mine and it sounds terrible, I went onto the "set up microphone" application on my computer and it couldn't even recognise the mic. When I go into the recording devices it shows this, http://imgur.com/a/CjnSL
Is my pc not recognising my headset?

Thanks, Ben

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
Your mic looks like it's been picked up fine in that picture. Did you try speaking or making a sound to test if the green meter goes up and down? Did you go into Mic Properties and turn off "Listen to this Device"?

Anorth

Reputable
May 30, 2015

The green meter goes up a little bit, my voice is very low, it also says the drivers were installed on the 6/12/2016 when I only got the headset on 26/12/2016?

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
I'm not sure about that driver date weirdness (maybe you had previous headphone drivers that just updated themselves?)

But as for the low volume problem, head to Properties>Microphone Boost (find the tab with the mic boost in it) and try upping it a bit to see what volume suits you.

Anorth

Reputable
May 30, 2015

Yeah it's weird, I turned it up a bit but it just sounds terrible when I compare it to other people's GAME ZEROS on Youtube.

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
Could you provide a sound sample of your recording and maybe link us to a particular video where the mic did sound good? I'd just wanna compare them both and see where you may be doing something wrong.