[SOLVED] PC not recognizing headset

Jan 28, 2020
Im pretty positive I have the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. I bought it a few years back. I think thats the correct model. Anyway, I just finished building my first PC and the tower I bought has 2 jacks on the side. 1 specifically for headphones and the other for microphones. Whenever I plug my headset into the headphonse slot it recognizes it as headphones but does not recognize the mic. Vice versa when I plug it into the mic jack.

Is there some sort of adapter I need to buy or something? I tried going into the sound settings and stuf and it just doesn't recognize the headphones as output or the mic as input depending on what jack I plugged it into.

johnsoner13

Proper
Nov 24, 2019
I have the same headset and it comes with a splitter to separate the main connector into two connectors, one for the mic and one for the headphones. Then you plug these into their respective jacks

johnsoner13

Proper
Nov 24, 2019
I have the same headset and it comes with a splitter to separate the main connector into two connectors, one for the mic and one for the headphones. Then you plug these into their respective jacks

Jan 28, 2020
hmm, maybe the splitter is still in the box, if not im sure i can buy one thanks

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS