Question PC not recognizing secondary HDD ?

kernal99

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2015
XPS 8700 - My Hard Drive was acting funny when booting up - had to go thru F2 for it to boot. So I installed a new one, copied my image to it and it runs fine. I installed the original hard drive in the second slot so I could format it and use it for storage. But my Win 7 doesn't show it in explorer and I can't really tell if it's coming up in diskmgmt.msc
Can someone help with this?

XPS 8700 - My Hard Drive was acting funny when booting up - had to go thru F2 for it to boot. So I installed a new one, copied my image to it and it runs fine. I installed the original hard drive in the second slot so I could format it and use it for storage. But my Win 7 doesn't show it in explorer and I can't really tell if it's coming up in diskmgmt.msc
Can someone help with this?
What about BIOS and Device Manager?

kernal99

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2015
In disc management there's nothing below except blanks.
The second hard drive is installed in the slot inside below the first hd and connected with the oem ribbon cable and oem power cable.
When I run diognostics it looks like it sees this second drive and gives several messages for it like:
fail psa V422B error
2000:0150 & 0122
No hd detected or disc controller not supported
Everthing gets a green check mark.

kernal99

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2015
Looking at this closer it says that this 2nd disc is offline because it has a signature collision with another disc that is online.
Is this fixable? I know years ago hdds had a phsical switch for master or slave but i didn't look for that when i installed it and i'm nor sure its there.