[SOLVED] PC not running games as well as it should be.

Jan 4, 2020
I just recently built a new pc and everything went well but when i first booted my bios said my processor, which is an i5-9600k, only had 4 cores active. I told myself id look at it tomorrow because it was late and then when i logged on to test some games i realized that i should be running these games waaaayyyy better especially since i have a 2060. For example, Destiny 2 on medium setting I got just barely above 30 fps, CSGO on max settings was a choppy 45-60. Please someone tell me I'm dumb and its an easy fix and that i dont have to replace anything. My full specs are in my bio. Also im sorry if this is too long, ive never posted on a forum before.

Jan 4, 2020
Just tell the story it might be helpful to find the issue sooner
But destiny 2 medium at 30 ? My gtx 980 does ultra 1080p 60+ something went horribly wrong here i hope you bought your parts at shop not from someone

Jan 4, 2020
Just tell the story it might be helpful to find the issue sooner
But destiny 2 medium at 30 ? My gtx 980 does ultra 1080p 60+ something went horribly wrong here i hope you bought your parts at shop not from someone
All my parts are from Micro Center and brand new except for the cooler, i bought that new off amazon.

I just recently built a new pc and everything went well but when i first booted my bios said my processor, which is an i5-9600k, only had 4 cores active. I told myself id look at it tomorrow because it was late and then when i logged on to test some games i realized that i should be running these games waaaayyyy better especially since i have a 2060. For example, Destiny 2 on medium setting I got just barely above 30 fps, CSGO on max settings was a choppy 45-60. Please someone tell me I'm dumb and its an easy fix and that i dont have to replace anything. My full specs are in my bio. Also im sorry if this is too long, ive never posted on a forum before.

Which PSU?
Did you check GPU and CPU temps during gaming?

Jan 4, 2020
You need to reinstall Windows then. There are older drivers/registry files that didn't get flushed out when you made the change.
Afterwards, install the motherboard drivers.
This might be a dumb question but will i have to buy windows? I had windows 7 then did the free upgrade to windows 10 and with my last upgrade it says "We can't activate windows on this device right now 0xc004f025". So i took that as needing to buy windows

Jan 4, 2020
Why don't you ahve Windows on your Samsung SSD?
I know I know, i should have moved it but when i thought about it I realized that im never in a rush for my system to boot so why go through the trouble of moving it. That probably sounds like something an idiot says but oh well.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
This might be a dumb question but will i have to buy windows? I had windows 7 then did the free upgrade to windows 10 and with my last upgrade it says "We can't activate windows on this device right now 0xc004f025". So i took that as needing to buy windows
No, you don't need to buy Windows.
But if you never registered an account, you'll just have to deal with a silly little watermark at the bottom right corner of the screen.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4000735/windows-10-reinstall

Reactions: anyb0dy

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Reactions: anyb0dy
Solution
Jan 4, 2020
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...s/324d5a5f-d658-456c-bb82-b1201f735683?auth=1

0x8007002C - 0x4001E The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with error during PRE_OOBE operation Do not perform a clean install, instead, use the option to Keep Personal Files, Apps and Settings. If you need to perform a clean install, do so after setup is complete.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-this-pc/6f6335fc-8d15-4598-af16-033d1d8c16bf
I did end up having to do a clean install but everything seems to be in order for now. Thank you and thank the rest of you for your input!