PC Not Seeing Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
So my pc is not seeing my android and vice-versa. I have an HTC Inspire 4g with a custom KitKat rom. I have tried toggling usb debugging on and off, using different cables, trying htc sync and drivers, and messed with device manager to get it to work. So far i have had no luck. If someone could direct me to the appropriate driver or software for this device that would be great. Thanks.

After connecting the phone to your PC, are you dropping down the notification bar on the phone and mounting the SD Card there? If not

Install the HTC drivers and the HTC desktop software.

http://www.htc.com/us/software/htc-sync-manager/

They have among the worst drivers for smart phones.... or they did with the g1 and I havent bothered with them since a big fiasco they had in canada

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
that software is too new for my phone, i have to use the original htc sync not the htc sync manager. after connecting my phone to the pc i get no notifications at the notification bar about my sd card. also when i plug it in, i get "USB device not recognized". i have tried uninstalling from device manager and rebooting but still no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.