PC not shutting off after hardware change

dudalemon

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2013
My ASUS motherboard died few weeks ago so i changed it with a Gigabyte Motherboard.

Everything is fine but when i shut down my PC. After the shutting down procedure, the keyboard, mouse and headset turn off (USB powered), the monitor turns off but the PC continues to run - Case lights and fans are still on. I've left this overnight and in the morning it is still running.

Some information I have discovered:
In 'Startup and Recovery under "System failure" when I tick "Automatically restart". The computer will eventually do a restart when i tell it to shutdown (after about 20-30minutes)

The only thing changed was the motherboard, My last resort is to do a clean install as I'll be upgrading soon. Anyone know what could be causing this? Maybe some chipset interference from ASUS drivers?

Solution
on some mb the efi bios can be hung. take power off the pc from the wall. wait for the mb power good led to drain. then clear the cmos on power up make sure the mb has the newest mb bios. in windows reinstall the intel chipset or amd chipset drivers if the error still there. one other error can be anti virus if it old or damaged can cause mb to hang at shutdown.
on some mb the efi bios can be hung. take power off the pc from the wall. wait for the mb power good led to drain. then clear the cmos on power up make sure the mb has the newest mb bios. in windows reinstall the intel chipset or amd chipset drivers if the error still there. one other error can be anti virus if it old or damaged can cause mb to hang at shutdown.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS