Question Pc not starting after installing new commander XT

Mar 9, 2023
Hello, I recently purchased a new Corsair commander xt to replace my old commander pro. My old commander pro had 6 ll120 rgb fans connected however they were not showing up on ICUE and weren’t lighting up. When I replaced my commander and plugged in all 6 fans to the new xt, I flipped the psu switch on and the lights that would usually turn on(mobo, ram, aio lights etc) only flickered once and never turned on again. The only light on is a green power led showing that i am getting power but the pc is not turning on. My only guess is something I wired wrong but I double checked everything and can’t find anything. Also think it might be the PSU but it is providing sufficient power. Any suggestions?

SPECS:
CPU: i7 9700k
MOBO: ASUS z390 a
AIO: nzxt kraken z73
RAM: Corsair vengeance 3200
GPU: 3070 FE
PSU: Corsair Rm 750 x
CASE: Corsair crystal 570x
2 Corsair mp600
6 Corsair ll120 fans

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

Did you try reverting to the older controller/hub and seen if the issue persists? In fact, remove the fans and controller out of the equation, are you able to get POST + boot to OS GUI?

Mar 9, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

How old is the PSU in your build?

Did you try reverting to the older controller/hub and seen if the issue persists? In fact, remove the fans and controller out of the equation, are you able to get POST + boot to OS GUI?

I bought the psu around 5 years ago I believe. I tried reverting back to the old hub and also tried unplugging all fan and rgb connections with no luck, the lights only flash on for a second and nothing boots

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 15, 2023
I am having a similar issue with my PC after installing the Commander Core XT. Same thing is happening with lights flashing and getting power to everything for only a second and then the whole system shuts down and nothing happens. Have you found the issue and any advice on how to fix?