Question PC NOT starting after new CPU install

Nov 20, 2022
Hello,

So recently i bought a R7 5700G ( mobo supports it ) to upgrade my CPU, i updated the bios ( f51g) and changed the CPU , i started the pc and got a blank screen with the pc on, fans spining.

After i reset the Cmos the pc didnt turn on any more i only got one flash of the mobo led. After that i removed all the conected periferals and disconected my hard drives and ssd. Still didnt turn on. Because that didnt work i put back the old CPU and reset the cmos. Still didnt turn on. Also tried removing the RAM with no success. I also tested the PSU by jumping the PSU fan and it turned on. Also had no mobo beeps?
Also tried switching from GPU HDMI to Mobo HDMI also didnt work. I have a reason to believe that some thermal paste got stuck in my cpu socket.
But i cant figure out why the first time after the cpu switch it got a blank screen but after the cmos clear it didnt start again.

I think its not starting maybe because its trying to prevent a short circuit.
I just hope i didnt brick the mobo.

Specs:

Mobo: GB-a350m-hd3

CPU: R3 1300x/R7 5700G

GPU: GB gtx 1050 Ti

RAM: Patriot Signature DDR4 8GB

PSU: Xilence 600w

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Hello,

So recently i bought a R7 5700G ( mobo supports it ) to upgrade my CPU, i updated the bios ( f51g) and changed the CPU , i started the pc and got a blank screen with the pc on, fans spining.

After i reset the Cmos the pc didnt turn on any more i only got one flash of the mobo led. After that i removed all the conected periferals and disconected my hard drives and ssd. Still didnt turn on. Because that didnt work i put back the old CPU and reset the cmos. Still didnt turn on. Also tried removing the RAM with no success. I also tested the PSU by jumping the PSU fan and it turned on.
Also tried switching from GPU HDMI to Mobo HDMI also didnt work. I have a reason to believe that some thermal paste got stuck in my cpu socket.
But i cant figure out why the first time after the cpu switch it got a blank screen but after the cmos clear it didnt start again.

I think its not starting maybe because its trying to prevent a short circuit.
I just hope i didnt brick the mobo.

Specs:

Mobo: GB-a350m-hd3

CPU: R3 1300x/R7 5700G

GPU: GB gtx 1050 Ti

RAM: Patriot Signature DDR4 8GB

PSU: Xilence 600w
Since there are a number of BIOS versions for that motherboard, do you know what version you started with? Some of the previous BIOS versions have additional steps required, beyond flashing the BIOS.

Nov 20, 2022
Since there are a number of BIOS versions for that motherboard, do you know what version you started with? Some of the previous BIOS versions have additional steps required, beyond flashing the BIOS.
I'm pretty sure that i had f51d or f50, which didnt have additional steps required.

Nov 20, 2022
This is also the THIRD thread you have started on this problem. The rules of this board are one thread per topic. This is to allow responders to have ALL the info. I wouldn't know what was posted in your other two threads.
Could you please delete my thread on GPU because i dont know how.