PC not starting/motherboard problem

varp5

Prominent
Oct 20, 2017
Hi there,

Thank you for helping (if you helped) ;)

I had bought parts for brand new PC. My second build ever (last one was 7 years ago).

I have connected motherboard, CPU I7 7700K l, Cooler Master Seidon 240V and Corsair CX550M and it light up in all its RGB glory. Then we disconnected power and continue with rest of the setup and wuah system started for 1s and before powering off. Then motherboard flashed green once when we connected power cable. Then we noticed smell from the power supply. Bought new power supply TX 750M and connected RAM, Cooling, CPU and tried to power on but now it is flashing green all the time. Something changed but system still doesn’t want to start.

Any help would be great.

- ASUS Prime Z270-A
- Corsair DDR 4 8gb 3200MHz
- I7 7700K
- Gigabite GTX 1060 3GB
- Cooler Master Seidon 240V
- Corsair TX750M
- WB 1TB

Solution
Seems as if the motherboard is not installed correctly and is shorted out in the case. A flashing green standby light indicates a power problem.

You may want to remove the motherboard, set the system up on a sheet of cardboard and try to power it up.
Seems as if the motherboard is not installed correctly and is shorted out in the case. A flashing green standby light indicates a power problem.

You may want to remove the motherboard, set the system up on a sheet of cardboard and try to power it up.

Solution