PC not starting up properly

moshingbonzo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2016
Yesterday my PC had a big crash whilst loading a game. After this crash the PC would no longer turn on and I opened it up. At first I thought my RAM was faulty however after some experimenting the RAM seems perfectly fine. I also found that if I placed a single piece of RAM in one of the slots it would turn on however only once. The only way to then start the machine is to switch the RAM to the 2nd slot and so on. My immediate thought is that this is a motherboard issue however I am not sure as I have recently replaced it due to a separate issue. When the PC does not turn on properly all of the fans do (including the CPU and Graphics card fans) however there is no display however it sounds as if the HDD does not start up at all.

Motherboard -- Gigabyte H97-HD3
RAM -- CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 2400MHz 16GB
CPU -- Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs inclusive of your OS. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mind also stating how the rams are populated on your board? Speaking of which we;d need to know the model for your ram kit(a link would do).

moshingbonzo

Honorable
Sep 13, 2016
Motherboard -- Gigabyte H97-HD3
RAM -- CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 2400MHz 16GB
CPU -- Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
HDD/SSD -- Seagate SSHD 2TB 3.5" SATA Desktop Solid State Hybrid Drive
PSU -- EVGA Supernova 850W Semi Modular 80+ Bronze
GPU -- Gigabyte Gtx 1080 8GB
OS -- Windows 10 Home N Version 1703
Not sure about the specifics of the Chassis but it is well cooled