[SOLVED] PC not starting

0kingskins0

Honorable
Jun 15, 2013
Hi all. I've had this PC built for about 2 years without touching / changing anything. I have an I7 CPU, 1080 GPU and 1000w PSU. I usually leave this PC running daily, but 1 morning I came to it and it was swithed off when it should have been on. It now will not boot at all. Nothing happens when I press the power button, no fans spinning, nothing.

The first thing I noticed was that the LED light on the H100i water cooler which is usually on, even when the PC is off (I think) does not light up. My first thought was that the H100i I have has broken which is causing the system not to boot up because there is no cooling. However I could be mistaken if my memory is wrong and it does not light up when the PC is off.

The other thing is that there is an orange light lit up on the motherboard, so there IS power coming to the system.

As I say I've not touched the inside for a while, it's not a new system. So something has broke causing it to turn off and not start back up. My first thoughts are to get a new cooler for the I7, or a new power supply. Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this? Obviously I want to get it working the cheapest possible way without replacing the whole system, it's just knowing where to start.

Thanks in advance.

xn6z4y.jpg

34s2es8.jpg

Solution
It probably isnt your cooler as a pc will still boot without a cooler, it will just shut down later when temps get too high.
Have you made sure the power headers are plugged securely into the motherboard?
If so, have you tried breadboarding it?
It probably isnt your cooler as a pc will still boot without a cooler, it will just shut down later when temps get too high.
Have you made sure the power headers are plugged securely into the motherboard?
If so, have you tried breadboarding it?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS