Question Pc not starting?

trippzez

Prominent
May 17, 2021
After work today i hopped on my pc and it was working just fine. Whilst i was playing a game i noticed a weird screen tear going vertical (never happened before), so i just kept playing my game. Eventually i turned off my pc and about an hour later i tried turning it back on and there’s no display… All the fans and lights inside the pc work just fine, there’s just 0 display and none of my usb ports are working.

Fixes i’ve tried already :
  1. Taking cables out and cleaning them and the ports
  2. Taking gpu and cmos battery out to remove all static
  3. I even plugged in the psu into a different outlet hoping that the outlet might just not be giving enough power and that didn’t work either.
  4. I tried taking out and cleaning the ram.
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1650
EVGA 600 BQ 600w
16gb ddr4 ram (2 8gb sticks)
GIGABYTE B450M DS3H
250 gb ssd

Lutfij

Titan
In order to clear your CMOS/BIOS, you're advised to power down, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. It's also good measure to press and hold down the power button to drain any residual power on the board. Is that how you did step 2, listed above?

Did you use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the sticks of ram?

How old is the PSU in your build?

trippzez

Prominent
May 17, 2021
In order to clear your CMOS/BIOS, you're advised to power down, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery for 30 minutes. It's also good measure to press and hold down the power button to drain any residual power on the board. Is that how you did step 2, listed above?

Did you use an eraser to wipe the gold contacts on the sticks of ram?

How old is the PSU in your build?
This did not work…