Question PC not supporting Windows 11

Dec 11, 2020
Hey! I downloaded Microsoft's computer checkup tool to see if my pc supports Windows 11, and it says that it doesn't.

My pc is way better than the requirements for Windows 11.

Dec 11, 2020
I looked it up, and my motherboard's webiste says that I have 1 TPM header, however when I go into the windows + r tpm panel, it says that I don't have one

Dec 11, 2020
Hey, I found it!
Anyone wondering why theirs isn't working!
Your motherboard either doesn't support it (look it up) Or it isn't turned on in the bios. After some digging you'll find the option for it in the bios! :D

BMoshier

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2014
What is TPM 2.0? Why does Microsoft (windows 11) need it more than Windows 10 needs not to become hacker's dreamland? (No support after 2025 for Windows 10.)

Colif

Win 10 Master
Jun 25, 2021
I've also read that a lot of people (myself included) are getting "Not supported" even though you meet both soft and hard floors. I believe the PC Health app needs an update.

RockyTW

Honorable
Mar 11, 2016
Yup.
Checked the approved CPU list and my Inspiron's i7-8550 was on the list, but my laptop failed the W 11 PC Health Check test. I googled TPM setting or some such.
I had to go into BIOS and turn off legacy BIOS
still failed the test
Went back to & changed Changed to another setting back to UEFI
still failed
went back to BIOS into security settings, I didn't find a "TPM setting" but something that seemed similar, under security, so I checked Platform Trust Technology (Intel PTT) and rebooted.
I ran the Health Check a third time and now it passes, says Im ready for W 11

TPM 2.0. Does your motherboard supports it? And has it enabled? Because if not then the tool will say nope.

Last edited:
Reactions: FlBirm

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS