[SOLVED] PC not switching on after a clean up

Harish Anim

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
so yesterday I decided to clean my pc since it had been a while and since I'm home anyway, I didn't really change anything or add or remove anything, apart from moving ram slots, rams of same type were put together, so i alternated them, that was about it,

I plugged in my pc and one thing that i could notice right away was the nzxt light on my cooler wasn't on, there was a orange light on the mother board but that was about it, nothing turned on, everything was completely dead,

I tried removing most connections putting them in properly, that's when i noticed a couple bent cpu socket pins, it took me the rest of the night to fix those 4 pins, today morning with the pins sorted I plugged everything back in and same issue, the only thing indicating any power at all is that orange light on my mother board, please help as to what do i do now, this is a very bad time for me to not have my desktop, especially with everything closed,

PC Specs -
CPU - Intel i7 4770k
Mother board- Maximus VI extreme
PSU - Corsair RM1000x
GPU - 1060 6gb
CPU Coolers nzxt kraken

Solution
Using a cloth to clean PC components is a definite no-no. Cloths can cause electro-static discharge (ESD) which is deadly to motherboards and many components that are mounted on it.

The only safe method is to use an air-duster (ie a can of compressed air) as that does not create static and does not involve any physical contact with the parts you are cleaning.

You've very likely killed something with ESD.

Harish Anim

Honorable
Dec 9, 2013
just dusted every part, only the radiator i ran some water through and dried it, which again i always do, everything else was just wiped with a cloth or tissue and dusted with a brush, most of my parts were clean tbh, it was just the case that was dirty, so i pretty much just took everything out, kept them aside, cleaned the case and put them back in, the only thing i used waster for was the radiator, but i tried turning the pc on without the cooler connected, still nothing

Using a cloth to clean PC components is a definite no-no. Cloths can cause electro-static discharge (ESD) which is deadly to motherboards and many components that are mounted on it.

The only safe method is to use an air-duster (ie a can of compressed air) as that does not create static and does not involve any physical contact with the parts you are cleaning.

You've very likely killed something with ESD.

Solution