Question Pc not turning on after changing chassi

Jun 20, 2020
Hey guys, so I bought a new case and wanted to put my components inside yesterday. When I was done I tried to switch on the PC, which didn’t happen. All case and motherboard LEDs light up but pressing the power button doesn’t do anything ( as if I hadn’t pressed it at all). I did not change the RAM slots.

What I’ve tried so far :
  • check all psu connections
  • check psu power switch
  • switch the psu for another with the same watt amount
  • Shirt circuit the case‘s Power Switch with a screw driver

Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be ?

PS: when I press the power button, nothing happens, no fand start or anything

Jun 20, 2020
Did you install the standoff screws in the new chassis before mounting the motherboard?
Did you unmount the CPU during the process?
I installed 4 out of 6 (top 2, middle 2) because I initially thought there where only 4 holes in the case. Unfortunately i cannot remove the motherboard atm, because one of the screws is stripped.

The cpu was never removed during the process.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
I installed 4 out of 6 (top 2, middle 2) because I initially thought there where only 4 holes in the case. Unfortunately i cannot remove the motherboard atm, because one of the screws is stripped.

The cpu was never removed during the process.
Oh! How did you manage to strip it? The way you mounted the mobo could be causing a short and there is a chance to permanently damage it.

Jun 20, 2020
Oh! How did you manage to strip it? The way you mounted the mobo could be causing a short and there is a chance to permanently damage it.
The screw seems to be a little crooked , so it’s jammed in place. I didn’t think of this so I kept trying to unscrew it, until it was completely stripped. Hopefully I can remove it once my pliers are here.
Oh no, I think I had it mounted on four screws in the old case as well, so I didn’t think this could ever be a problem. Hopefully everything will work again, once I‘ll mount the motherboard properly.

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020
The screw seems to be a little crooked , so it’s jammed in place. I didn’t think of this so I kept trying to unscrew it, until it was completely stripped. Hopefully I can remove it once my pliers are here.
Oh no, I think I had it mounted on four screws in the old case as well, so I didn’t think this could ever be a problem. Hopefully everything will work again, once I‘ll mount the motherboard properly.
If you ever manage to unmount the mobo, try to post it without mounting it on the chassis by shorting the power pins with a screwdriver, if it doesn't work, try to reseat the RAM sticks and the CPU as well. Also even if it seems dumb, it is worth to check that all the cables are properly connected

Jun 20, 2020
If you ever manage to unmount the mobo, try to post it without mounting it on the chassis by shorting the power pins with a screwdriver, if it doesn't work, try to reseat the RAM sticks and the CPU as well. Also even if it seems dumb, it is worth to check that all the cables are properly connected
Hi hi, sorry for the wait.

I finally managed to remove the screw .
As you suggested I've tried booting the system outside the case, as well as reseating the CPU as well as the RAM Sticks, sadly neither helped.
As for the cables, since I only have the basic components attached (for testing) to the Motherboard ( cpu, RAM) i only need to have the 24 Pin and cpu cable connected right? Or am i missing something important?