[SOLVED] PC not turning on after reassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cata.gcc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2020
Hi!
I bought a new case about 2 days ago because i'll be getting new components, since the plans changed and i'll get them next month i decided to move my current pc into the new case. I plugged all the cables i did everything and then surprise! It doesn't start, like nothing fans not spinning not any sign of life. Any ideas?

PC Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: Some old Lenovo
RAM: 8GB of some no name brand (2x4gb)
PSU: Njoy Titan 500, 500W, 80+ Bronze
Case (New): Segotep Hyperion-T
Case (Old): some unbranded stupidly cheap and tiny 15€ Case

ex_bubblehead

Champion
Remove everything from the case and reassemble outside the case. Turn it on. Does it work?

If yes then you created a short when you installed into the case. Most likely suspect is a motherboard standoff that doesn't belong and is shorting something to ground.

ex_bubblehead

Champion
Remove everything from the case and reassemble outside the case. Turn it on. Does it work?

If yes then you created a short when you installed into the case. Most likely suspect is a motherboard standoff that doesn't belong and is shorting something to ground.

cata.gcc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2020

Ok, i'll try it tommorow and come back with a update

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY