[SOLVED] PC not turning on after reassembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cata.gcc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2020
Hi!
I bought a new case about 2 days ago because i'll be getting new components, since the plans changed and i'll get them next month i decided to move my current pc into the new case. I plugged all the cables i did everything and then surprise! It doesn't start, like nothing fans not spinning not any sign of life. Any ideas?

PC Specs
CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1ghz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Motherboard: Some old Lenovo
RAM: 8GB of some no name brand (2x4gb)
PSU: Njoy Titan 500, 500W, 80+ Bronze
Case (New): Segotep Hyperion-T
Case (Old): some unbranded stupidly cheap and tiny 15€ Case

Solution
Remove everything from the case and reassemble outside the case. Turn it on. Does it work?

If yes then you created a short when you installed into the case. Most likely suspect is a motherboard standoff that doesn't belong and is shorting something to ground.
Remove everything from the case and reassemble outside the case. Turn it on. Does it work?

If yes then you created a short when you installed into the case. Most likely suspect is a motherboard standoff that doesn't belong and is shorting something to ground.

Solution

cata.gcc

Prominent
Jul 8, 2020

Ok, i'll try it tommorow and come back with a update

Status
Not open for further replies.