[SOLVED] PC not turning on but USB has power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2022
So I got this PC back from Europe and on the first week of using it, it worked fine but after a few weeks it started to not turn on, it would take a few minutes for it to be able to turn on with the push of the power button and I have no choice but to wait, for the next days it gotten worse and it would take me an entire hour for the pc to be able to respond to me pushing the power button. However I noticed that even if I am not able to turn it on my rgb mousepad connected to the front USB port lights up if the pc is already connected to the socket, but still it would take the pc a while to be able to be turned on by the power button.

I have tried doing a jump start on the motherboard and left the jumper on the ground and power pins for about 30 minutes and it did turn on. I have tried everything, removing components such as the ram, gpu and even the cpu. What could be causing the problem?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

So I got this PC back from Europe
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model.

Oct 8, 2022
For everyone that still has problem I had a brute force fix, I replaced my motherboard and it worked. So I borrowed one of my friend's motherboards at his shop and did take a while to set everything up but to my surprise the long delays before the boot are gone, so I just went in and bought myself a new motherboard. I am so sure of this fix because it has been 3 days and no problems so far.

If you're interested my full specs are
Processor: Core i9 9900k
Old Motherboard: msi Z390-A PRO version 1.0
New Motherboard: ASUS Prime Z690
Ram: 48GB DDR4
SSD: FTM48n325h
GPU: GTX 1080Ti
PSU: (I have no idea, sorry it's inside a very secured case in the chassis.)
the PSU is about 5 years old I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.