Question Pc not turning on from power button

Dec 18, 2022
So, I built this PC last year. Recently I’ve tried turning on my PC and it wouldn’t turn on the first time I clicked the power button. I would have to wait like 5 minutes to get it to turn on. Today, I tried over and over turning it on with the power button but it just wouldn’t. So, I tried to jump the motherboard with a screwdriver held to the 2 power pins on the motherboard. Unfortunately I think I might have shorted my motherboard in the process, because it still wouldn’t turn on. I’m sure the problem is either due to the motherboard or the case but I don’t understand why because I’ve maintained my Pc well and it’s barely a 1 year old.

Check the front panel connections to your MB(power button) if you haven't already. you could try to clear CMOS and see if that will get it to boot. after that I would start to try and isolate the issue by removing the GPU and then try again. sometimes with hardware related problems you have to keep testing parts to see where the problem is coming from.

Dec 18, 2022
Check the front panel connections to your MB(power button) if you haven't already. you could try to clear CMOS and see if that will get it to boot. after that I would start to try and isolate the issue by removing the GPU and then try again. sometimes with hardware related problems you have to keep testing parts to see where the problem is coming from.
I’m sure the problem is from the motherboard, but I dont know if I should replace or not because my keyboard is still lighting up and it’s connected to the motherboard. I did clear the CMOS but that didn’t work. And trying to jump the keyboard with a screwdriver with the power pins doesnt seem to work either.