Question Pc not turning on

Sep 11, 2022
Initial Issue I rebuilt my pc switching it to a new tower and adding a 4pin aio cooler.the tower is a 3pin 5v and my mother board (bf360m) is a 4 pin 12v so i purchased an adapter allowing me to convert the 3pin to the 4pin. Heres where the problem begins after setting everything up by reading the manuals and watching some tutorial videos, i plugged all the cables in exactly how they once were. and followed the guide for the aio cooler. Once everything was set up and i plugged in my 24pin psu cable into my motherboard. It wount turn on, i tried the paper clip method sticking it in 2 of the pins on the 24pin psu cable and the psu kicks on. The psu fan works and also all the fans along with the lights plugged in to the adapter while using sata cables plugged into the psu work. The cpu fans dont work though, the motherboard is not getting any power, and wount turn on. The manual led switch on the front io pannel works and i can cycle through and change the lights of the fans when the paper clip is in the 24pin cable. The motherboard is not responding at all there are no lights or beeps or indicators at all. Im using a 600w psu which could be to low of a wattage to power all the parts.or my motherboards is dead. Also i could of plugged in something wrong but im pretty sure its all correct, i dont wanna buy a new psu or motherboard without knowing the exact problem please help

Pc specs
Tower-Musetex mid tower (3pin 5v)
Motherboard- bazooka bf360m (4pin 12v)<using convertor for tower
Cpu-intel i5 8400
Gpu-radeon rx580
Aio cooler-enermax liqmax iii
Convertor-deepcool rgb convertor 5v to 12v
Psu-600w with cables already connected inside battery.

Initial Issue I rebuilt my pc switching it to a new tower and adding a 4pin aio cooler.the tower is a 3pin 5v and my mother board (bf360m) is a 4 pin 12v so i purchased an adapter allowing me to convert the 3pin to the 4pin. Heres where the problem begins after setting everything up by reading the manuals and watching some tutorial videos, i plugged all the cables in exactly how they once were. and followed the guide for the aio cooler. Once everything was set up and i plugged in my 24pin psu cable into my motherboard. It wount turn on, i tried the paper clip method sticking it in 2 of the pins on the 24pin psu cable and the psu kicks on. The psu fan works and also all the fans along with the lights plugged in to the adapter while using sata cables plugged into the psu work. The cpu fans dont work though, the motherboard is not getting any power, and wount turn on. The manual led switch on the front io pannel works and i can cycle through and change the lights of the fans when the paper clip is in the 24pin cable. The motherboard is not responding at all there are no lights or beeps or indicators at all. Im using a 600w psu which could be to low of a wattage to power all the parts.or my motherboards is dead. Also i could of plugged in something wrong but im pretty sure its all correct, i dont wanna buy a new psu or motherboard without knowing the exact problem please help

Pc specs
Tower-Musetex mid tower (3pin 5v)
Motherboard- bazooka bf360m (4pin 12v)<using convertor for tower
Cpu-intel i5 8400
Gpu-radeon rx580
Aio cooler-enermax liqmax iii
Convertor-deepcool rgb convertor 5v to 12v
Psu-600w with cables already connected inside battery.
CPU cooler fan(s) motor connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB directly. ?

Sep 11, 2022
CPU cooler fan(s) motor connected to CPU_FAN header on the MB directly. ?
Yeah sorry for the long response i used the connector that the aio cooler came with to connect both fans from two seperate cables into one and plugged it in on the mother boards cpu fan header, then i plugged in one of the fans 4pin cables into my deepcool 12 v's slot and joined the other cooler fan to the same cable as the first fan. then i plugged the rbg connecter that hooks from the pump into a sata slot then the rbg pins into the other deepcool 12v adapter. Along with the first fan + the tower 3pin 5v connecter after that i plugged the pumps power which is a 3pin into a 4pin sys fan header. I found a few posts online saying that you can use the sys fan header for your aio's pump power cable if your MB doesnt have the pump power header. I tried unplugging the graphics card and some of the lights to see if the motherboard wasnt getting enough power from adding more fans and a aio cooler. But it still never clicked on. Usually when my pc was in the old tower both of my ram cards would continue to light up with out any lights on the pc from the settings which is no longer happening im starting to think that my mother board is not taking power due to the fact that the rbg lights all work along with the cycle button on the front pannel to change the lights when connected to the psu's sata cables. And also when i first tested the 24pin cable with the paper clip the cpu cooler fans didnt turn on with any leds along with the lights on the aio block and they where both plugged into the motherboard directly. Is it looking like my motherboard is gone, and what could be the cause, it was working fine before i started the tower transfer. Could i have plugged something in wrong destroying the MB i have no idea whats wrong and what caused it. Thanks

Yeah sorry for the long response i used the connector that the aio cooler came with to connect both fans from two seperate cables into one and plugged it in on the mother boards cpu fan header, then i plugged in one of the fans 4pin cables into my deepcool 12 v's slot and joined the other cooler fan to the same cable as the first fan. then i plugged the rbg connecter that hooks from the pump into a sata slot then the rbg pins into the other deepcool 12v adapter. Along with the first fan + the tower 3pin 5v connecter after that i plugged the pumps power which is a 3pin into a 4pin sys fan header. I found a few posts online saying that you can use the sys fan header for your aio's pump power cable if your MB doesnt have the pump power header. I tried unplugging the graphics card and some of the lights to see if the motherboard wasnt getting enough power from adding more fans and a aio cooler. But it still never clicked on. Usually when my pc was in the old tower both of my ram cards would continue to light up with out any lights on the pc from the settings which is no longer happening im starting to think that my mother board is not taking power due to the fact that the rbg lights all work along with the cycle button on the front pannel to change the lights when connected to the psu's sata cables. And also when i first tested the 24pin cable with the paper clip the cpu cooler fans didnt turn on with any leds along with the lights on the aio block and they where both plugged into the motherboard directly. Is it looking like my motherboard is gone, and what could be the cause, it was working fine before i started the tower transfer. Could i have plugged something in wrong destroying the MB i have no idea whats wrong and what caused it. Thanks
First thing, "paper clip test" of PSU is no guarantee it works properly, actually not past that it's fan is turning.
What PSU and how old is it ? Some may loose a lot of power with age although adequate on paper. Any additional power user can put it over the edge.
At this point I would disconnected everything except for MB power, CPU and RAM with any fan connected to CPU_FAN header. Connect monitor to appropriate MB output-

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
See my post of Aug 21/22 in this thread.

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...new-case-wont-start-up.3774930/#post-22780333

You moved your system to a new case. You MAY not have made sure that the stand-offs in that new case were in exactly the right positions for your mobo. That can cause a short circuit from the bottom of your mobo to Grounds (case), causing failure of power feed to the board and thus failure to start up.