Question pc not turning

basbab

Reputable
Sep 17, 2018
My PC is not turning on when I press the Power button on the CASE,
I saw few videos, related to this problem, where the suggestion I received was to
  1. Try installing a NEW CMOS battery
  2. Check if PSU is working by Paper Clip/stapler pin method.
I tried both of those suggestion, I got a New CMOS battery, removed the pre installed CMOS battery from the motherboard, installed the new one, Then tried switchingON the pc. Still it didn't turn ON.
I removed the entire PSU unit from the CPU CASE, and tested it using Paper CLip method. Since I couldn't get a Paper clip I tried it with Stapler pin, The fans in the PSU started spinning, I think that implies that PSU is perfectly fine.

Now I am confused what might be the problem with my PC.
I even removed my GPU and connected the monitor with Motherboard's display port, still no response,
Yet the RGB components in the Motherboard(ASUS EX 320 GAMING) Glows, when I switch on the Power plug.

My PC is barely a year old.
This is my PC config
AMD Ryzen 3 2200G( disable the VEGA 8 onboard graphics)
Asus Ex 320 Gaming motherboard
Gskill RAM 8GB(1 X 8)
Corsair VS 550
Zotac Geforce GTX 1050Ti
BIOS is latest.
glow.jpg.c766ef0c6bf2a2582806f3e0c2dc9fde.jpg

Last edited:

vule.pcgeek

Commendable
Oct 15, 2017
Try turning on the PC by using the pins for front panel on your motherboard.
Find where do you plug in front panel cables. Find Power SW (look at the mini table you have near the pins or in the manual) and make a contact between them with screwdriver (without magnet), or whatever you have.
If it turns on, then you should change the button on the case.

Reactions: basbab

basbab

Reputable
Sep 17, 2018
Try turning on the PC by using the pins for front panel on your motherboard.
Find where do you plug in front panel cables. Find Power SW (look at the mini table you have near the pins or in the manual) and make a contact between them with screwdriver (without magnet), or whatever you have.
If it turns on, then you should change the button on the case.
yeah tried jump starting still no response.