PC not waking from sleep properly

LoneRangerS

Reputable
Jun 15, 2014
Specs: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/6ZCDVn

So, I've had this issue ever since i built this PC, and no members on multiple forums, Gigabyte, Microsoft or pretty much anyone I've consulted know what's causing it. When contacting Gigabyte, they just told me they couldn't replicate the issue and basically had no idea.

The problem is that if i put my PC to sleep, leave it for more than a few minutes, when i come back it won't wake from sleep; it will either 'resume Windows', not wake at all and require me to fully hard restart. I've tried looking through power management options in the BIOS, in Windows and pretty much tried changing any setting I'm able to change.

I do believe it is the motherboard causing the issue... Windows has been clean installed numerous times, the RAM has been checked with MemTest86+ through 10 passes (troubleshooting a different issue), the graphics card has been changed since, the power supply is more than enough for my current set-up (had a more power hungry card previously, hence the 600W), which only leaves the motherboard... All drivers are the latest revision, BIOS version is the latest.

As I'm not very good at explaining things to exact detail, i figured I'd just video the issue so you can see for yourself (sorry for the shit quality):

https://youtu.be/pWtfwM192dw

Anyone got any ideas? I would really benefit from actually being able to put this thing to sleep...

ZippyPeanut

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I can't help with this. But I hope someone can; I'd live to know exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. I've had the same problem with more than one PC. My solution is to never, ever, allow the rig to sleep. Several other enthusiasts on various forums affirm this: set your sleep mode to "never."

-----------
i7 3770K OC @ 4.2Ghz / ASRock Extreme 4 Z77 / evga FTW 670 2X-SLI / Creative SB Audigy SE PCI Sound Card / 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 / 500GB Samsung EVO 850 (boot) / 128 GB OCZ Vertex 4 / 2 TB WD Caviar Black / 2 TB Seagate Barracuda / Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System / LG 14X Blu-ray R/W / Corsair 1000w PSU / AzzA Genesis 9000 full tower / Windows 7 Professional 64 / 144hz 1ms 24-inch Asus monitor / Logitech Z906 Surround Sound

Tbonius

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
To me, what ZippyPeanut says is good advice. If you go to control panel, power options, change when the computer sleeps(upper left), change advanced power settings, and then click on sleep, you can find how your computer is set up.