Pc not working after accidentally turning off during update.

Doutor

Honorable
Aug 18, 2015
Hello,
So a few days ago I accidentally turned off my PC while it was doing an Windows update. I turned it on and it seemed fine, but shortly after I entered my desktop, a bunch of errors saying that there were a lot of dlls missing popped up... Tried restarting multiple times and they would always pop up. The next day tried to turn it on again and everytime I tried to enter my desktop it said that there was an error launching Windows. So there was an option to format the disk that the Windows was located. Picked that option and after a few minutes I got an error saying that an error had occurred while formattingand botted me back to the same menu.. Shortly after I tried again and same error. So I decided to format all disks and the same error came up.. So in the menu I turned of the computer.. Now when I turn it on it just shows the name of my motherboard and then it just stays in a black screen.
Does anyone know what the problem is? If so answer this thread and feel free to ask anything! Thank you for your time!

Solution
Do you have a bootable USB or dvd install stick or dvd?

If not, you need to borrow or download one.
When you boot from the install media, you will get options.
One is to repair windows.
If that works, fine.

The next option is to restore to a previous checkpoint.
If you can't do that, either because system restore was disabled or whatever, you are looking at a reinstall of windows.

If you do not have a ssd this would be an opportune time to convert.
Disconnect your hard drive and attach it later and your data will be there. Programs will need to be reinstalled.
Do you have a bootable USB or dvd install stick or dvd?

If not, you need to borrow or download one.
When you boot from the install media, you will get options.
One is to repair windows.
If that works, fine.

The next option is to restore to a previous checkpoint.
If you can't do that, either because system restore was disabled or whatever, you are looking at a reinstall of windows.

If you do not have a ssd this would be an opportune time to convert.
Disconnect your hard drive and attach it later and your data will be there. Programs will need to be reinstalled.

Solution