Question Pc not working after new graphics card installed..

Jul 2, 2019
Hello, I just got my new RTX 2060.
My pc worked fine before I took my old 1050 ti out. When I put in the 2060 (it’s properky in and the cables from the power supply is also connected properly) my pc would start (all fans starting except for the 2 fans on the graphic card. The pc starts, then it turns off after some seconds, then it starts up again. Nothing is happening with my monitors, and my mouse and keyboard don’t light up (they won’t work)
I have tried taking ram out, I have tried taking my old gtx 1050 in again, but that didn’t work either.
If you have any solutions please help me as I’m dying to try my new card out.
(Please try and make it a bit simple as I’m not a pro on computers) thanks!

1. "Complete" system specs should ALWAYS be accompanied with any driver, hardware, or performance question. Do not post DXDiag reports as they contain a TON of useless information. Posting a DxDiag in place of a System Spec List tends to ward off potential members from helping you.

Please supply the following system details/information. NOT necessary to provide all these details, but only related to your current issue at hand.

(Complete System Specs)
-CPU make and model# (clock speed/voltage, type of cooler, and "Core" temperature @ idle and load)
-Motherboard make & model# (include Bios version if graphics card is not recognized or you are having stability issues)
-RAM (amount, clock speed, model#/link of kit, configuration)
-Graphics card(s) make and model# (clock speed, voltage if modified, Driver version and GPU temp both @ idle and load)
-Power supply make,model#, "AND" age (note if using 110V or 220V A/C input)
-HDD/SSD configuration (ie: Raid setup/ back up/ OS drive/etc..)
-Case/Chasis make,model# (fan make, model#, and configuration if having thermal issues)
-Operating System (If using Windows note Framework and service pack version)
-Monitor make, model#, and resolution (If model# is unknown list resolution and refresh rate)

*If the unit is a "laptop" or "All-in-one" system you must note the make and model# of the unit. Be sure you are ALWAYS using the OEM/manufacturer's Driver updates for the unit.

*If "Crashing":
-Note the nature of the "crash" in detail, as there are several definitions for the word "crash".

*If "performance" related issue:
-Note the "exact" point in which the performance reduction occurred (ie: After Windows update, After Bios update, After Driver update, After thermal system shutdown, After Hardware change/upgrade etc...)

*For diagnostic purposes please disable the following:
-Any/all Antivirus/ Anti-malware software
-Any/all OSD monitoring software
-ALL overclocks outside of factory spec

Jul 2, 2019
Ram: kingston ddr3 1600 MHz 16gb SODIMM (2x8) + Crucial ddr3 1600mhz 4gb (2x2)
Graphics card before (MSI geforce gtx 1050 ti 4gb gaming) now: ASUS geforce rtx 2060 dual evo 6gb
Corsair Cx 600M, 600w PSU
Intel LGA1150 core i5-4460
MSI LGA1150 B85M-E45
PC prod seagate baracuda 1tb sata3.0
Crucial MX 500 250gb 2.5” SSD
ssd, the 8x2 gb ram, both the gtx 1050 and the rtx 2060 is upgraded. I had no problems when I upgraded from gtx 750 to 1050ti which was 1.5 years ago.

Jul 2, 2019
Ram: kingston ddr3 1600 MHz 16gb SODIMM (2x8) + Crucial ddr3 1600mhz 4gb (2x2)
Graphics card before (MSI geforce gtx 1050 ti 4gb gaming) now: ASUS geforce rtx 2060 dual evo 6gb
Corsair Cx 600M, 600w PSU
Intel LGA1150 core i5-4460
MSI LGA1150 B85M-E45
PC prod seagate baracuda 1tb sata3.0
Crucial MX 500 250gb 2.5” SSD
ssd, the 8x2 gb ram, both the gtx 1050 and the rtx 2060 is upgraded. I had no problems when I upgraded from gtx 750 to 1050ti which was 1.5 years ago.
I’m sorry if I haven’t been so accurate on the speeds and stuff as I’m not sure... sorry

What is BIOS and CMOS?
The BIOS is the program that starts a computer up, and the CMOS is where the BIOS stores the date, time, and system configuration details it needs to start the computer.

The BIOS is a small program that controls the computer from the time it powers on until the time the operating system takes over. The BIOS is a firmware, and thus cannot store variable data, stored in a chip on your computer's motherboard.

CMOS on the other hand is a type of memory technology, term to refer to the chip that stores variable data for startup. A computer's BIOS will initialize and control components like hard drive controllers/floppy and the computer's hardware clock, but the specific parameters for startup and initializing components are stored in the CMOS.

BIOS is the first program that runs when you turn on your computer. The BIOS performs the POST, which initializes and tests your computer's hardware. Then it locates and runs your boot loader or loads your OS directly. The BIOS also provides a simple interface for configuring your computer's hardware. When you start your computer, you may see a message like "Press F2 for setup." This setup is the BIOS configuration interface.

When you make changes to your BIOS configuration, the settings are not stored on the BIOS chip itself. Instead, they are stored on a special memory chip, which is referred to as "the CMOS." On some motherboards, the CMOS is a separate chip. However, on most modern motherboards, it is integrated with the real-time clock/RTC on the southbridge.

BIOS memory is actually non volatile: it retains its information even when your computer has no power because your computer needs to remember its BIOS settings even when it's turned off. That's why the CMOS has its own dedicated power source, which is the CMOS battery.

Jul 2, 2019
Kindly provide FULL PC specs. Do you have the latest BIOS installed on your current system ? Try to clear/reset all the CMOS/BIOS settings, and then try again.
Im sorry for bring dumb.. but i seapped the rtx 2060 noe for the 1050 (with only 1 ram stick in) and my pc is working now. Only with 1 ram stick and my old graphics card though :( and it doesnt work playing games because its so many fps drops

Last edited:
Have you checked whether you have the latest BIOS or not ? Something seems to wrong with your system/mobo. Can you boot the system just by using the motherboard's onboard graphics/integrated processor, with any dedicated GPU ?

So, now the PC is working with the GTX 1050, but you had to remove 1 RAM stick ?

Jul 2, 2019
Have you checked whether you have the latest BIOS or not ? Something seems to wrong with your system/mobo. Can you boot the system just by using the motherboard's onboard graphics/integrated processor, with any dedicated GPU ?

So, now the PC is working with the GTX 1050, but you had to remove 1 RAM stick ?
Im sorry for being dumb again, but no i havnet checked it, idk if ill be avle to do anything. I have no idea on how to use the motherboards onboard..
And the pc is working now yes, but i can only use 1 ram stick instead of 4 (with the gtx 1050) thanks for the help, but i think ill try having someone that can come to my house and help me as i dont know how to do anything of the things you said
But thanks for the help anyways, thx for ur time

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Im sorry for being dumb again, but no i havnet checked it, idk if ill be avle to do anything. I have no idea on how to use the motherboards onboard..
And the pc is working now yes, but i can only use 1 ram stick instead of 4 (with the gtx 1050) thanks for the help, but i think ill try having someone that can come to my house and help me as i dont know how to do anything of the things you said
But thanks for the help anyways, thx for ur time

You are most welcome !

TRENDING THREADS