Question PC not working due to brand new HDD?

May 11, 2019
Hello, I've recently bought a brand new 1TB hard drive due to my older one failing. Before installing my hard drive I was operating windows on my SSD, however as soon as I installed the Hard Drive, the PC kept saying that my "PC/device has to be repaired" and that "the automatic repair couldn't repair your PC". I've already tried to manually repair it by using a ISO windows file on my flash drive but during installing the update, it had said that "Setup cannot continue due to a corrupted installation file." So I had decided to completely reformat my SSD and do a clean install of windows, the same thing happened again. I've tried to reinstall the ISO file multiple times and used different USB ports on my system but none of these methods worked. I've tried to do the control panel method but it hadn't detected any problems with my SSD nor my HDD. I've even disconnected my HDD to see if it would work without it but to no avail. Can anyone please help me with this strange situation?
Specs -
CPU - i5-6600k
GPU - GTX 1060 6gb
RAM - 8GB
Power Supply- Corsair CX 550
SSD - SanDisk 480gb
HDD - WD 1TB

D

Deleted member 14196

Use the windows media creation tool to create your USB with the installer on it. This is probably your problem you don’t have the correct installer on your USB Which is evident because you’re getting that error that it’s corrupted you can’t just drop an iso on a USB

Reactions: Robert Glenny
May 11, 2019
Use the windows media creation tool to create your USB with the installer on it. This is probably your problem you don’t have the correct installer on your USB Which is evident because you’re getting that error that it’s corrupted you can’t just drop an iso on a USB
Sorry I should've specified that I used Rufus to convert the windows ISO file into the USB Flash Drive. Should I instead use the USB Flash Drive option on Windows Media Creation?

May 11, 2019
Update, I have now been able to do a fresh install, this was achieved by deleting the leftover partitions from my driver.
However I would like to know how to safely implement my 1TB HDD into my PC as I do not want to go through this headache of an experience.
But nevertheless, thank you all for the support! :)

Last edited: