Question PC not working properly ?

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
hello, a weird thing happen today. PC was on but i decided to reboot and now i get nothing on screen but PC turns on. I was saying maybe its the video card so i remove it to use the onboard one but still nothing on screen.

At some point after stripping anything the was connected I plug in the mouse and a keyboard. I was seeing the gigabyte logo and keyboard light, but after a few secs light on keyboard was off, no more screen but the PC was still running. i assume the power button light was on and the fan spinning.

What it could be ?

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
ga-z87x-d3h mother board 16 gb ddr3
power supply thermaltake bronze 750watts
video card gtx 1660 ti
that i remove as test

<PSU details have been updated by moderator>

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
hello i change the power supply and as soon i put power on the power supply without presswing the power swith the cpu fan start spining no screen
what do you think is the failiure ?

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
even without ram the fan spin
i reset the bios when i put power no spin but if i press power it spin but i have no post or display at all

Last edited:

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
its very weird that the cpu fan spin right away i remove the mobo from case and test out cpu ram in the board only and a soon i power on the power supply the fan start spinning
even like i said without ram only the fan spin and i have no post
Thanks

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
more test done
i found a external speaker so i plug in without ram there was at least 12 beep continous and fan slow down and restart the same patern
i put one stick of memory the sp[an spin no beep nothing i move it to slot 2 same thing
i try the different stick it boot i get 1 beep and bios menu
i took it and move it to slot 2 same thing 1 beep bios menu
i took the assumed bad stick put it back in slot 1 (only this ram) nothing i took it out and insert the good mememory i get nothing remove it put in slot 2 i get post
took again the memory into slot 1 it work again

my question is why if i put a bad ram in slot 1 and exchange with a good one it was not working rightaway ?
Thanks

kerm007

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
hello again
funny thing happen it was working i put the mobo in it was working with one stick i move the pc to the floor it stop working again
i remove the ram it beep put back the ram it beep once
very strange behaviour