Jul 9, 2019
I have two screens, one monitor AOC g2460 and one generic television. The monitor is linked with DisplayPort and it works at 144hz, the tv uses an hdmi working at 60hz.
It all worked just fine till recently, now if i plug the hdmi on the tv, the monitor blacks out untill i unplug the hdmi from the tv. So basically, if i plug the tv i can't use the monitor for some reason. I tested linking the monitor with an hdmi as well, for my surprise it worked with the television at the same time, both at 60hz duplicating screens. As i would much like appreciate if both worked simmultaniously whilst my monitor is transmiting via DisplayPort 144hz, i ask for your help. Thanks in advance

My Settings are:
Motherboard: Asus Pro gaming z170
Intel i7 6700k 4.0Ghz
Asus Strix GTX 1080
4x HyperX 4 GB DDR4 2400MHz

Jul 9, 2019
Was there any change when they stopped working together? Have you tried different cables?

Cheers!
Well, i got back to the bedroom and i had a random web page opened on my pc, on the tv it looked fine, on the 144hz monitor it was all blurry and shit (when i walked out it was fine, and nothing happened in between as far as i know), so i tried switching resolutions to see if the bug went away, and as soon as i applied a different reso the pc crashed. Thus the problem began.

I tried different cables with no succes

Jul 9, 2019
If you go into the display settings for Windows 10, do you see both displays 1 & 2? Windows updates can reset your display settings so you might have to reconfigure them.
Was about to send you a print of how it was in the settings, but then i tried to put it to show only on the monitor while both connected, it moved to the monitor for my surprise even tough the tv was plugged in, theen with only the monitor lighted up i tried to duplicate screens, it worked!! Not sure what was happening.

Thanks for the answer guys, problem solved now hehe, cheers!