[SOLVED] PC occasionally makes engine sound

Carnivorex2

Commendable
Jan 5, 2017
So every now and then i hear this engine-like buzzing coming from my pc. i have no clue what it is, but I just whack the pc on the head and that usually fixes it right there. but it still comes back every now and then when I boot up. Any thoughts?

Solution
It is probably a fan vibrating or a cable contacting a fan blade. There are only a couple of moving things in a PC. Fans and disk drives. Disk drives spin at higher RPM so they can vibrate. You can use rubber mounting systems to eliminate that noise. Fans are the same. You can use isolation techniques to prevent them from vibrating. I have some cases where chaning the tightness of the screws holding the side panel will stop vibrating noise.

kanewolf

Titan
It is probably a fan vibrating or a cable contacting a fan blade. There are only a couple of moving things in a PC. Fans and disk drives. Disk drives spin at higher RPM so they can vibrate. You can use rubber mounting systems to eliminate that noise. Fans are the same. You can use isolation techniques to prevent them from vibrating. I have some cases where chaning the tightness of the screws holding the side panel will stop vibrating noise.

Solution
cable touching a fan, bad fan bearing, harddrive, anything vibrating against something else.

Next time it makes the sound you should try to find where its coming from so you can fix or replace whatever is making the noise.

alternatively did you install an engine in your PC?

TRENDING THREADS