[SOLVED] PC occasionally makes sound as if booting up again

homies1337

Prominent
Jan 16, 2021
So sometimes (not very often) when I'm just browsing on my PC, it randomly makes the sound it makes when I turn on the PC and its booting up. Does anyone have any explanation for this.

Solution
If it's the fan noise, then it follows after component (CPU or GPU) has reached certain temperature threshold, where PC speeds up the fans to cool said components, so that they don't overheat. That is completely normal.

Btw, you casually using your PC doesn't mean the load on hardware is minimal or low. There are several tasks that run in background and can hog system resources. For example, Win update download, in the background, is one such thing that usually sets my PC fans to spin faster, that is, until my CPU temp falls below set threshold again.

homies1337

Prominent
Jan 16, 2021
Depending on PC, during boot up, they do different kinds of sounds, like POST beeps and fan checks, where fans are set to 100% for a second or two.

So... what kind of sound it is?
I don't really know how to explain the sounds themselves, it def isn't beeps. Just like the sound of the machinery starting up, its not the sounds themselves that are the problem, I'm just wondering why its making booting up noises while I'm just casually using my PC

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
If it's the fan noise, then it follows after component (CPU or GPU) has reached certain temperature threshold, where PC speeds up the fans to cool said components, so that they don't overheat. That is completely normal.

Btw, you casually using your PC doesn't mean the load on hardware is minimal or low. There are several tasks that run in background and can hog system resources. For example, Win update download, in the background, is one such thing that usually sets my PC fans to spin faster, that is, until my CPU temp falls below set threshold again.

Solution