[SOLVED] PC occasionally making a buzzing noise (Sounds like from PSU)

Loonyluke5

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2014
I have had my PC for just under a year now (January) and have had 0 issues until recently. In the last month on a few different occasions (4) a buzzing sound has been coming from what sounds like my PSU. The first time I heard it was after playing New World and I was about to power down the PC. Other times are when my PC has put itself to sleep after I have left the room so it is off. If I unplug the power the sound will stop but switching off the PSU power doesn't do anything. It doesn't affect anything other than making the sound but obviously something isn't right - I can use the PC like normal otherwise. After about 10 minutes of the PC being unplugged if I plug it back in there will be no sound. I have used the PC like normal over the past month and it works completely fine other than the buzzing happening 4 times.

Below is a link to 2 videos, one the first time it happened when the PC was on, and one the 3rd time when the PC was off (after putting itself to sleep).

View: https://imgur.com/a/eM95SYs

Any help would be appreciated about what it could be! I am not sure how to replicate the issue as it is seemingly random.
Thank you!

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor
MB: MSI MAG B550M MORTAR Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
RAM: PNY XLR8 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
SSD: Corsair MP510 960 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8 GB Founders Edition Video Card
PSU: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Solution
D
Sounds like coil whine. Pretty common, I wouldn't be super worried about it.