Question Pc off multiple times due to power cower cut

Sadz_Mas

Reputable
Feb 19, 2019
My pc is about 3 months old and the ups i have been using is from my old pc which is about a year old,From about a week i have been facing multiple power off because my ups batteries are quite old and needs replacement.My question was that is this multiple power off due to ups failure can cause damage to my pc components such as cpu,gpu.etc.I just bought this pc so i am a bit too possessive about my pc i will be more than happy if anyone can help.EVERY COMPONENT IN MY PC IS NEW EXCEPT THE UPS.I confirm no power surges has been experienced by my pc.My specs are R5600X,RTX 3080,CORSAIR 3600MHZ RAM,SAMSUNG NVME SSD.i experience about more than 5 power off a day

Apr 21, 2022
What worries me is that, despite the batteries being old, that you are still having power offs. Is your whole home experiencing power outages? If not, then you made need to replace the whole ups, because if your home is not having power outages, then the problem is ups or it could be your breaker for that room.

Apr 21, 2022
As for your damage concerns, the most likely damage to occur is memory damage, and memory corruption. This is more on the unlikely side, however, and your computer itself is most likely fine.