pc on its side

apmal

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
I know this is commonly asked, but I just could find an offical answer if I can keep my pc on its side, I would need to do this because the fan is not working only in this position. As for the air flow, I don't think it would change anything as the hole of the case itself are on the top if the pc is on its side.

Solution
no mechanical reason you can't lay it down. they make plenty of cases now that have the mobo sitting horizontal. you already noted air flow won't be restricted and temps should be ok. so no reason not to do it, if that is what you need to do.

you could replace the fan if you want to avoid the problem. they are cheap and a good one can be had for less than $10

apmal

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Yea all the temps are good (even better because the fan is working this way), What do you mean by "cpu facing up" ? Thanks for the asnwers btw

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
no mechanical reason you can't lay it down. they make plenty of cases now that have the mobo sitting horizontal. you already noted air flow won't be restricted and temps should be ok. so no reason not to do it, if that is what you need to do.

you could replace the fan if you want to avoid the problem. they are cheap and a good one can be had for less than $10

Solution

apmal

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Yea I wanted to do it, but sadly the fan which is not working is the graphic card's and as far as I know they do not sell just the fan of it in itself, obviously I will change the card as soon as I can. The pc on its side is just like a temporary solution till I get my new card. Thank you all for helping :)

what GPU do you have?

could always check ebay or amazon.