Question PC only booting with single channel memory

Jun 28, 2019
Hey all,

Recently my Ram stability fell apart, after taking everything apart I noticed the following

View: https://imgur.com/a/XvTdN1r

One Pin towards the bottom is non uniform, This is a bent pin correct? I feel as if I have seen a few Mobos with a wire that goes through/wire that pases through on the side. Just looking for someone to confirm/deny my insanity.

Motherboard is a Gigabyte Aruoras pro WIfi

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah I would try bending it back, does not need to be perfect just needs to touch the contact on the CPU, like said above be careful not to break it off or bend other pins. If slots 2 and 4 wont run in dual channel you can try 1 and 3 usually not recommended but 1 and 3 are still capable of dual channel.

Jun 28, 2019
If you have some tweezers, just bend that pin back to how it should be. Careful not to break it off though. Does your motherboard have 4 ram slots? If so, the RAM should be in slots 2 and 4, so that it goes empty, RAM, empty, RAM.
Yeah I would try bending it back, does not need to be perfect just needs to touch the contact on the CPU, like said above be careful not to break it off or bend other pins. If slots 2 and 4 wont run in dual channel you can try 1 and 3 usually not recommended but 1 and 3 are still capable of dual channel.

thanks all, Tried 1/3 and it didnt work sadly. In the process of attempting to bend it back back having a very hard time

USAFRet

Titan
Instead of trying to 'grab' the pin with tweezer (assuming that is what you are doing), try to push it into place using a corner of the tweezer.
Yep. I had to do exactly this, and used a long stout needle to push the bent ones back into place.

Before - No boot
1a9v061.jpg

After - boot success
oenFyWk.jpg

JYUnC45.png

Reactions: ConanLock