Question Pc only boots after second time

Aug 1, 2022
Hi, recently I bought a RTX 3060 and a Cooler master MWE Bronze 600W for a upgrade in my system, but there is a problem, the PC only display video after the second attempt, if I just press the power button the fans will spin, all of them including CPU and GPU, but will not show any image on the monitor, if I shutdown via power button and press power button again to boot it will work normal like nothing ever happened. I already tried installing windows again, resetting the BIOS, verify the position of ram, switch ram slots, tried booting without the ssds and it boot to a realtek boot thing. I'm thinking it's the ssds, Mobo or PSU that are causing my problem. What you guys think?
Sorry for the bad English, I'm Brazilian and desperate for help
My config:
Mobo: Asus ex-460m-v5
Cpu: i5 10400f
Gpu : RTX 3060
Psu: cooler master MWe bronze 600w
Two sata ssds, two fans
2x 8gb 2666mhz

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I already tried installing windows again
Where did you source the installer for the OS? As for OS, what are you working with?

resetting the BIOS
Speaking of which, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

recently I bought a RTX 3060 and a Cooler master MWE Bronze 600W for a upgrade in my system
What were you working with prior to the upgrade?

Did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers before you replaced it with the RTX3060?

If you think it's the SSD's the removing all storage drives from your build will still give you a display out, to tell you that there are no drives connected/OS is not installed/found.

Aug 1, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I already tried installing windows again
Where did you source the installer for the OS? As for OS, what are you working with?

resetting the BIOS
Speaking of which, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

recently I bought a RTX 3060 and a Cooler master MWE Bronze 600W for a upgrade in my system
What were you working with prior to the upgrade?

Did you use DDU to remove your prior GPU's drivers before you replaced it with the RTX3060?

I believe I'm in the last bios update, and no I didn't use ddu to remove anything when I installed my gpu, but I have to do this even if I reinstalled windows?

Aug 1, 2022
Before you reinstalled your OS. I asked other questions too, not one.
I'm sorry, I only saw the ones that I replied. I was using a old Corsair cX500 with a old GTX 660ti prior to the upgrade. About the ssds, I removed them and got the realtek boot thing that I mentioned, connecting them again I got the problem.
About os, I was using win 11 from the upgrade that win 10 show on windows update. I got this win 10 from Microsoft. I believe it is win 10 home. Now I'm using it again, installed it using the Microsoft media tool to do this with a USB flash

Aug 1, 2022
You can reinstall Windows 11, just that you need to recreate the installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

If you can, try and look a better pedigree PSU and one with 650W at the entire system's disposal.
I can't get another PSU right now, but I think 600W is enough for my system no? do u think it's worth the risk to connect my old just to see if it will boot correctly before I try to do anything else? About the windows 11 installation, do u think I have to get the ddu to remove the drivers after I install windows and then download Nvidia drivers again?

Lutfij

Titan
The unit isn't built well, and 600W is slightly more than what the GPU's suggested PSU wattage is. You can connect the old PSU to your system and the new GPU but the GPU will likely die...leaving you with an expensive paperweight.
^ Just because you can connect it, doesn't mean you should.

When you install your OS, just make sure you're not connected to the internet, that way the drivers are not automagically installed after OS installation. Once you're done with OS install, you can manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command.

Aug 1, 2022
The unit isn't built well, and 600W is slightly more than what the GPU's suggested PSU wattage is. You can connect the old PSU to your system and the new GPU but the GPU will likely die...leaving you with an expensive paperweight.
^ Just because you can connect it, doesn't mean you should.

When you install your OS, just make sure you're not connected to the internet, that way the drivers are not automagically installed after OS installation. Once you're done with OS install, you can manually install all relevant drivers in an elevated command.

Yeah, about the old PSU I agree, but the new one can sustain the system during games fine, I even ran a stress test at the cpu and the gpu at same time and it kept going. It could be a faulty PSU, but I don't think it is because it can't sustain the power draw, it definitely can as I said. But thanks, I will try to install windows 11 again and see what happens. I can also connect my old GPU to see if it boot correctly, but I think then it will get some erros with drivers idk

Aug 1, 2022

PsychoPsyops

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
What monitor/tv are you using for your display?
Are you using any display features, such as HDR?
When no video is displayed, do you get the "no signal detected" message or something similar?

It might just be the display itself. I have my pc hooked up to a tv and I found that if I do not turn on the tv before turning on or waking up the pc, the signal isn't detected until I press the power button again. Interestingly enough, pressing the power button with the pc on makes the signal be detected and also does not shut down the pc, even though that is what it is set to do in Windows.

Aug 1, 2022
What monitor/tv are you using for your display?
Are you using any display features, such as HDR?
When no video is displayed, do you get the "no signal detected" message or something similar?

It might just be the display itself. I have my pc hooked up to a tv and I found that if I do not turn on the tv before turning on or waking up the pc, the signal isn't detected until I press the power button again. Interestingly enough, pressing the power button with the pc on makes the signal be detected and also does not shut down the pc, even though that is what it is set to do in Windows.

Nothing happens I just get a black screen on the monitor, but after I do the process I mentioned it works fine. Monitor works fine with my PS4 too.
I now tested with only one ram stick, and it ran fine. I'm starting to think it is actually cpu or Mobo